• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako P94s single short mags

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

xb40

Long story short. Along with others who are shooting P94’s, several members at Rimfire Central have a
member who has the capability of printing mags using his 3D printer. He needs to use a P94s to enable him to make the single shot magazines. He lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. So far we haven’t located one of our members in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If anyone lives in the area and would like to assist with the project, let me know and I will connect you with the Rimfire member, and hopefully we can have some single shots for our P949’s. Give me a PM, we can go from there. Thanks
Larry

No I did not. He is in Texas and no one wanted to send a mag. So it is right it started.

I believe there are some buyers if it works. Rimfirecentral is the web site to check

I have a 3D printer so will see what I can do.
Can a 3D printer make a copy of a steel magazine? I would think that a properly dimensioned synthetic magazine would work in rifles designed for a steel magazine. Owners of Sako Models 54/72/78 would likely dance a jig if they could buy magazine replacements.

Can a 3D printer make a copy of a steel magazine? I would think that a properly dimensioned synthetic magazine would work in rifles designed for a steel magazine. Owners of Sako Models 54/72/78 would likely dance a jig if they could buy magazine replacements.
So I do it a bodgy way. Take basic measurements. Draw it up in software, run a test print and see how it looks etc. I don’t have any form of scanning option yet.

Regarding the material, once the design is correct it can be printed with material that resists heat better etc

So I do it a bodgy way. Take basic measurements. Draw it up in software, run a test print and see how it looks etc. I don’t have any form of scanning option yet.

Regarding the material, once the design is correct it can be printed with material that resists heat better etc
But…this part will be printed as a solid block, correct? Single shot (not short) , no follower and spring?

But…this part will be printed as a solid block, correct? Single shot (not short) , no follower and spring?
Well personally I’d love to go the whole hog and make a 5 shot mag that runs shorts. But I think I’ve probably got some more 3D modelling learning to do first

Well personally I’d love to go the whole hog and make a 5 shot mag that runs shorts. But I think I’ve probably got some more 3D modelling learning to do first
Does that mean yes or no ?
Maybe we have a misunderstanding
A 3D Printed part is solid … a magazine has moving internal parts.
Are you able to print the magazine body with interior tolerances to allow for a spring and follower?

Last edited:
Does that mean yes or no ?
Honestly I’m not sure. In my head I see the same external shape as the current magazine, but with a solid piece in the back to set the 22short in the correct place to be picked up by the bolt. The lips at the top of the magazine would also need to be extended so that they hold the round so it can be loaded.

Sorry, I may not be understanding the question properly.

If a single block mag insert is needed for other calibres then it would basically be a matter of having a magazine to copy I think. It would be a sold block inserted into the mag well to be able to drop a round onto.

Hey guys, just found this thread and this forum. I do a good amount of 3D printing in the world of engineering, and have been making some mag and single blocks for a while. Just picked up a P94s and am going to get to work on some parts asap. Let me know if I can be helpful!

you can certainly be helpful. This project has been on hold for some time. Several guys with the printers have volunteered to help, the problem being they needed a P94s on hand to adjust the printed to make sure the single shot mg would function properly. If you are willing, have at it, and thank you. I will pass the information on to shooters on the rimfirecentral forum.

you can certainly be helpful. This project has been on hold for some time. Several guys with the printers have volunteered to help, the problem being they needed a P94s on hand to adjust the printed to make sure the single shot mg would function properly. If you are willing, have at it, and thank you. I will pass the information on to shooters on the rimfirecentral forum.
Sounds great. I read a bunch there but don’t post up much.

Definitely will start with single shot adapters. Need to decided if I want it flush or a bit of exposed area to grab.

Should have a mock up this week.

Latest posts

Back