• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Older Sako Deluxe

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

gary

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I have what I believe to be an older model L46 222REM. It seems to be the deluxe model with fancy stock, engraved bottom metal, detachable mag. It is marked Sako Riihimaki serial 45xxx. Bofors Steel, made in Finland. From what I can find in books, I think it was made in the late 50's or early 60's. Condition...near perfect bluing, Wood is very pretty but with some very fine "cracks" in the clear finish. What are these worth if I decide to part with it? It's too nice to take into the field and I may sell it to finance custom gun.

Thanks in advance, Gary

Yes, that does sound like an L46 Deluxe and is great property. Asking for an accurate price estimate here is like dragging a piece of meat in front of a pack of hyenas
Older Sako Deluxe
. At least half the guys on this forum would absolutely love to have that gun. I'll just say that if it could be worth $1,000 or more depending on what the beholder's eye sees.

Yes, that's a real good one. The L46 deluxes also had different floorplate engravings, I know of at least three different ones. Does your engraving look like that in the pic ?

DeerGoose

Attachments

• Older Sako Deluxe
    100_3659.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Older Sako Deluxe
    100_3660.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 25
Mine is a little different. I'll try to include a photo.
Gary

Attachments

• Older Sako Deluxe
    Sako%20Bottom%20Metal.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Older Sako Deluxe
    Sako%20Deluxe.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Older Sako Deluxe
    Sako%20Bottom.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 27
Gary- That is an outstanding Sako. I would like to put the picture of your bottom metal in the engraving (deluxe floorplate patterns) section. I may want a better picture of it. Thanks, Misako

Gary- The first photo didn't show up for me until today on my PC so I have all I need to transfer to the archives. I have to send it to "L61R" first.-You can post pictures of that rifle anytime. It is just a great looking rifle.-Misako

Back