• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Old European scope ?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bloorooster

The Old Hippie
Has anyone heard of Opta brand rifle scopes?
Are they in anyway connected to Me-Opta scopes.
This one is mounted on an old L46…appears to be 26mm IMG_4535.jpeg

Never heard of it. Might be a distributor brand. Some of the big German and Austrian sporting goods distributors had their own house brands. This one, for instance, is marked Hubertus, which is a distributor house brand. It was probably made by Schmidt & Bender, JPS 3.JPG

Wow!
Can you say … “Chin Weld”?
Never heard of it. Might be a distributor brand. Some of the big German and Austrian sporting goods distributors had their own house brands. This one, for instance, is marked Hubertus, which is a distributor house brand. It was probably made by Schmidt & Bender, View attachment 34434
Beautiful rifle..👍

Wow!
Can you say … “Chin Weld”?

Beautiful rifle..👍
Chin Weld it is! Quite accurate, though, so long as you feed it heavy bullets. Here's the whole gun. It's a German custom on a military Mauser action, proofed in 1961. Barrel by J.P. Sauer.

I'll be interested to see if anybody can come up with anything on the "OPTA" scope. Do you have access to the rifle? If so, what does it say below "OPTA"? It's possible that it was, indeed, made by Meopta. The only vintage Meopta scope I've seen was marked Meopta, but that's a sample of one and they could have used that name at some point.

JPS 1.JPG

Latest posts

Back