• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Just two small problems.......

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Dovetail marring and that strange place in the wood behind the left pistol grip area?
Pics 11 and 17 show a patch of deep shadows?

Like everyone else, I don't like set screw marks on the dovetails, but I've never considered them a real problem since almost all scope mounts cover them. It's like complaining about ugly paint on your bedroom walls underneath a fresh coat of nice paint -- you're the only one who knows it's there.

How about the bottom metal? Shouldn’t it have the “S” release?

Edit, man @kevinlg you’re really making us stew…
Not to worry Country.............there's "strikes" for everyone......."O"fers all around!!😁😇

I wrote to the seller......"Since the stock's cheekpiece and monte carlo have been removed........has the entire stock been refinished?".

His reply......."No, it's ok."....................🙄

Since the factory used a 16 to 1 clear epoxy finish.........I decided NOT to ask what matching finish was used, for a good "blend".🤔

Here's a factory Model 317 in 223 Rem.
Just two small problems.......

Kevin, the shape of the stock on the bolt side looks different than my Sako L461. On my rifles the wood steps down about 1/4" at the rear of the front receiver ring and it stays at that elevation to where the grip begins at the back of the safety. On this H&R, it looks like the wood steps down at the back of the front ring and then steps up at the front of the rear ring. Opps, I closed this for a minute to look again at the photos of the stock and noticed your latest post. So I'll close.

Kevin, the shape of the stock on the bolt side looks different than my Sako L461. On my rifles the wood steps down about 1/4" at the rear of the front receiver ring and it stays at that elevation to where the grip begins at the back of the safety. On this H&R, it looks like the wood steps down at the back of the front ring and then steps up at the front of the rear ring. Opps, I closed this for a minute to look again at the photos of the stock and noticed your latest post. So I'll close.
Doug.........

I've noticed that on later production stocks........especially the "round-top" Model 317's.

Those deep shadows were pointing in the right direction but I forgot the cheek piece. Something didn’t seem to look right with the left side shoulder stock tho…😏

Back