• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Is this legit?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14372
  • Start date

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Thank you. She is special. Here she is wearing a nice Leupold from the same era.
78c9e5444b67f2736c6ea2844d392bcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a single set trigger!

Thanks! I am kinda falling in love if that’s a thing. [emoji54]

Thanks! I am kinda falling in love if that’s a thing. [emoji54]

If you spend the evenings with a Sako, beside your favorite chair, watching TV with it in your lap…you could be a Sakohaulic.
If you tend to come home from work and go straight to the gun safe, reaching for that same rifle to carry back to your chair, but can’t find the remote…you may be a Sakohaulic.
If you wait till the Mrs is asleep, and drag out two or more additional Sako rifles to sit beside each other on the couch, taking turns with one of those in your lap, and you no longer even know what TV show is playing, you are definitely a Sakohaulic.
If you have a new Sako that you just met, you will experience episodes of love and even devotion, but you soon are distracted by another Sako Rifle that you find attractive…you are certifiably a Sakohaulic!
Sakohaulism is a disease, not an addiction.
I have had this disease for 20 years, there is no cure. But we have this forum and it’s members to help us cope…a place to help one another to find peace and learn to function with this affliction.

Old Hippie

Very nice indeed. I am still puzzled by the lack of a crossbolt. Perhaps there's a bedding block embedded in the stock.

Could you post a photo of the left side? I'm curious to see what the cheekpiece looks like.

I noticed that the recoil pad does not say SAKO.

Wow!
Hidden recoil block! Good call Icebear!
She is definitely a good looking rifle!

If my memory serves me right, I recall the Classic models all had straight combed stocks , reminiscent of the early Sako L46, with solid red pads. There was also the Fiberclass models with straight combed McMillan stocks with solid black pads, all of which had the four little letters (actually the letters are much larger)
Now..the Euro-Classic is rather new to me, but looks almost exactly like the Bavarian which came out later. Your pad is odd but I must never say never!

still, you got a sweet looking gun!

Hippie

Interesting that this rifle not only has an embedded recoil block, but steel tubing reinforcements in the stock for the action screws (i.e. pillar bedding). I don't recall seeing either of those features on an AV before. In any case, you've got yourself quite a rarity, and I expect it will shoot well. When you go to shoot it, I'd advise starting heavier rather than lighter - i.e. around 170 grain bullets rather than 150. My 7x64 Sako shoots much better with the heavier bullets. So far the Sellier & Bellot have worked well, and they are relatively inexpensive (if you can find them in the current market).

I don’t know. I saw it only after it was sold.

No cross bolt on that one either.

Interesting that this rifle not only has an embedded recoil block, but steel tubing reinforcements in the stock for the action screws (i.e. pillar bedding). I don't recall seeing either of those features on an AV before. In any case, you've got yourself quite a rarity, and I expect it will shoot well. When you go to shoot it, I'd advise starting heavier rather than lighter - i.e. around 170 grain bullets rather than 150. My 7x64 Sako shoots much better with the heavier bullets. So far the Sellier & Bellot have worked well, and they are relatively inexpensive (if you can find them in the current market).

Thanks. I’ll do that. I tried to measure the twist rate and came up with 1/9 or 1/9.5 (the cleaning rod didn’t turn consistently during my test). Sound right?

Latest posts

Back