• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

How to mount Swarovski SR rail on 85 Finnlight

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

JHW

I would really like to get a new Swarovski scope with the SR rail, but I cannot find any information on how to mount it to my Sako 85 Finnlight. It seems that Blaser rifles are very accommodating for railed scopes, but I can't find much else. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yes, I have seen that. It is very general. I am hoping someone has actually mounted a Swaro with SR rail to their Sako 85. I want to hear some personal experiences with mounting and real world use. Hopefully someone has done it! Thanks for your reply!

If it's M or L size action I would expect ejection issues with that system. On S or XS it might work without ejected cases hitting it.

Here is how I mounted the Swarovski rail scope on my L57. As long as the tapered dovetail is still on the 85, you can get Weaver bases and attach the Swarovski rail on them...

DSCN4177.JPG DSCN4178.JPG DSCN4179.JPG

Hi Everybody,
I know it is an old thread but may be someone finds my post useful.
I have just fitted my sako 85 in 300 Win Mag with a SR rail Swarovski z6i 2,5-15x56.
I contacted MacKuick but they told me they did not make their rail system for L actions. Only Short and Medium.
Therefore I used the Optilock bases and a piece made by Recknagel in Germany for this purpose. It is also available for Zeiss and Schmidt and Bender rails.
Although I like better ringed scopes the fact is I did not want to risk the scope integrity because Swarovski is not very sturdy and 300 win mag is a powerful cartridge.
I tried L optilocks but the scope was mounted way forward. Therefore I had to resort to Extended bases. I expected ejection issues but for the time being it ejects well without hitting the scope or the front base protrusion into the action port.
Regards,
WhatsApp Image 2019-06-26 at 19.52.41.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-06-26 at 19.53.10.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back