• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Forester L579 Stock Verification

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I need some Sako expert advice. I inherited a Sako Forester L579 in 22-250 caliber. The stock appears to be the original deluxe model. But I recently had someone look at the photos on Gunbroker and they questioned that the stock might be a Fajen stock and not the original. The gun is beautiful either way and in very good shape. Can anyone tell me if this appears to be the original or not?

Attachments

• Side1.jpg
    Side1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Side4.jpg
    Side4.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Side3.jpg
    Side3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 50
Hi DJ

Definitely not an original Sako stock. Someone else may know if it's a fagen or something else, but it is not a Sako.

Cheers John

Last edited:
If you look at some of the threads here about Sako Deluxes models you can see what a factory Deluxe stock looks like. Yours not being checkered is an obvious & immediate indication of an aftermarket stock. Sako Deluxes are skip line checkered, have a reddish waffle type recoil pad with "Sako" on the face, a rosewood fore arm tip & grip cap with the grip cap being inlayed with a white Fox head, Pine Tree, or Bear head depending on action size. Can't tell from the pics if the barrel is factory or not. Some pics or description of the barrel stampings would help determine if your rifle is a Sako barreled action with a custom stock or a Sako action that was barreled & stocked as a custom built rifle.

If you look at some of the threads here about Sako Deluxes models you can see what a factory Deluxe stock looks like. Yours not being checkered is an obvious & immediate indication of an aftermarket stock. Sako Deluxes are skip line checkered, have a reddish waffle type recoil pad with "Sako" on the face, a rosewood fore arm tip & grip cap with the grip cap being inlayed with a white Fox head, Pine Tree, or Bear head depending on action size. Can't tell from the pics if the barrel is factory or not. Some pics or description of the barrel stampings would help determine if your rifle is a Sako barreled action with a custom stock or a Sako action that was barreled & stocked as a custom built rifle.

Thank you for the replies! The barrel appears to be Sako. See pics.

Attachments

• sakobarrel1.JPG
    sakobarrel1.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 22
  • sakobarrel2.JPG
    sakobarrel2.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 19
Here is a pic of the action. I'll stop flooding the thread with pictures. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm sorry to learn that the stock is not an original Sako but whoever did the custom stock certainly did a great job so it is a beautiful rifle. The barrel finish is in very good shape. I know that 'value' is very subjective, but does anyone want to take a guess? Thanks again. DJ

Attachments

• sakoaction.JPG
    sakoaction.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 11
Don't worry about flooding the thread with pictures - we love pictures!

It is also surprising what and how much some of the eagle eyes on this forum can pick up from photos - some things which have only added to the collective knowledge held here.

Marcus

Latest posts

Back