• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf in .308 Win

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Paul B.

Hi All,

I hope everyone is having a happy 4th of July!!

I was fortunate enough to pick up my first Finnwolf in .308 Win on Gunbroker not too long ago. From what I was able to glean from our forums, it appears to be an early Garcia-era model with an ambidextrous buttstock featuring a monte carlo but, no cheek piece on either side. It has a flush, 3 round, magazine and is, unfortunately, missing the factory iron sights (the original owner must have removed and subsequently lost them when he installed the scope). I was hoping some of our ever knowledgeable members could assist me with a few things:

1 - I read that dry firing a Finnwolf can cause catastrophic damage to the firing pin. Is this true of all Finnwolf's or, only for early Bofors-marked rifles?

2 - Is there a way to relieve the tension on the firing pin with the lever/action closed? With exposed hammer lever guns, we'd all simply depress the trigger while lowering the hammer. Is there any way to de-cock a Finnwolf for storage?

3 - How does one typically clean a Finnwolf? I tend to completely break down my bolt and lever guns but, I don't have anything in my safe quite as complicated as a Finnwolf (except for maybe my BLR). Would it be best to gunslick the bore and barrel and simply try to clean the bolt/internals from inside the magazine well? What do you all recommend?

4 - Is the trigger adjustable similar to the #4 triggers found on Finnbears and Foresters?

20170704_125646.jpg 20170704_125820.jpg 20170704_130008.jpg 20170704_130034.jpg 20170704_130110.jpg 20170704_130125.jpg
Thank you!!
- Paul B.

1. Not sure - I have never broken one but I do not dry fire any of mine.
2. I use snap caps as there is no way to close the lever while holding the trigger to release the tension as you can with a SAVAGE 99
3. I do not strip the gun unless I have an issue - I pull the mag and use normal tools to clean ensuring the open mag is toward the bottom so any
debris can fall out.
4. The trigger is not adjustable

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back