• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

colt l579 .243 sticky extraction

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

sakotex

Fired case neck diameter is .275". Is this the culprit? I see no signs of too high pressure and no problems chambering an unfired cartridge. I'm using fed 90gr partitions.

Bill- You will not likely find out unless you have a chamber reamer applied and that little bit taken out. It doesn't sound like a "thousandth" or two could be the culprit but it may be just that. Can't hurt to find out.-Misako---------------------My reloading manuals all state factory at .276. My fired rounds from various rifles measure from .275 to .283. I am not experiencing any extraction problems.

A gunsmith tested the rifle and thought that bolt withdrawal was being blocked by catching on the trigger. He very lightly beveled the forward edge of the trigger and said that solved the problem. I'll test it myself, hopefully next week.

Thanks for getting back with that. I have spent some time thinking about the problem and just couldn't get a handle on it. Is the trigger a Sako or an aftermarket "improvement"?-Mike

Everything appears factory original. However, the smith kept mumbling about the folks at colt not knowing what they were doing in acquiring or making the barrel and assembling the rifle.

Bill- They have a unique crossbolt system that makes them very hard to disassemble. Other than that, I can't say what the beef would be about. The crossbolt area of the stocks looked to me like it was grown with the tree. No way to get stuff off for a refinish job.-Misako

Latest posts

Back