• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

8 x 60 High Power

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Karelian

My nice 8 x60 FN Sako just wants to be shot. It is as accurate as I can hold (1.5"@100 yards) with paper patched .311" 180 grain (.303 British) soft point spitzers and open sights. I will not drill and thread the action for scope mount bases. Does anyone know where I might obtain a cocking piece or bolt stop rear aperture sight? As a retired competitive High Power shooter, I am comfortable in using open sights to take elk at no more than 200 yards. Does anyone know if these Sako barrels were hammer forged? I have obtained some .318" 200 grain bullets that I wish to develop hunting loads for as this rifle is definitely a "I" grooved 8mm and not an "S" according to chamber casts and bore slugging.

Any rear peep sight made for a Mauser will work. Lyman & Williams still offer them. Brownell's , Midway & a host of other places offer them for sale. You will have to drill & tap the receiver to mount the sight. You may also have to change the front sight if it's height is not compatible with the aperture height. Curious as to why you wouldn't just put a quality 1.5X to 2X scope on it & have a faster, easier to use & superior sighting system?

Any rear peep sight made for a Mauser will work. Lyman & Williams still offer them. Brownell's , Midway & a host of other places offer them for sale. You will have to drill & tap the receiver to mount the sight. You may also have to change the front sight if it's height is not compatible with the aperture height. Curious as to why you wouldn't just put a quality 1.5X to 2X scope on it & have a faster, easier to use & superior sighting system?

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Unaltered (Un-drilled) FN actions are rare in my area as is an 8x60 SAKO. I have an L461. .223 and Early L579. .308 with SAKO rings when I need a scoped rifle. The cocking piece aperture sights I've seen on commercial Mausers is quite appealing.

Latest posts

Back