• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6,3 x 33 R

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Good Afternoon Sako Lovers,

Does anyone know when Sako stopped making 6,3 X 33 R & .25 - 20 WCF ammunition? Other than Remington & Winchester do any other ammunition makers make .25 - 20 WCF ammunition?

Blackjack

Good Afternoon Sako Lovers,

Does anyone know when Sako stopped making 6,3 X 33 R & .25 - 20 WCF ammunition? Other than Remington & Winchester do any other ammunition makers make .25 - 20 WCF ammunition?

Blackjack
Precision Cartridge (PC) makes it, at a considerably lower price than Winchester and Remington. I have not shot any PC brand ammo, so I have no opinion on quality. Graf's carries it but is currently out of stock. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/140? Buffalo Arms also lists .25-20 but it is more expensive than Remington and Winchester.

Hello Sako Lovers, Has anyone any photo's of L46 - 6,3 X 33R & .25 - 20 WCF " Deluxe " rifles? I do believe that they are out there, but I have never seen a picture of any. Happy Days - Blackjack

Late to this discussion. Came back to the forum to find some info on .25-20 rifles, specifically the rifling twist rate. Do any of you who shoot their .25-20's load 75 grain spitzer or VMax projectiles?
I have 2 Savage model 23's that I want to try them in if I can locate some projectiles. I am still not certain the rifling twist will be suitable.

Was suprised to see that Sako altered a Savage 23. Perhaps the open sights were added after the scope bases were fitted as they would hide the original open sights.

Late to this discussion. Came back to the forum to find some info on .25-20 rifles, specifically the rifling twist rate. Do any of you who shoot their .25-20's load 75 grain spitzer or VMax projectiles?
I have 2 Savage model 23's that I want to try them in if I can locate some projectiles. I am still not certain the rifling twist will be suitable.

Was suprised to see that Sako altered a Savage 23. Perhaps the open sights were added after the scope bases were fitted as they would hide the original open sights.
Why would you ask about "twist rate" on a collector's sight when all you have to do is Google search "25-20 twist rate" and a mountain of information & knowledge will appear on your screen? If you own a cleaning rod, have some cleaning patches, a pencil, & a measuring tape you could also just measure the twist in your barrel & then look to see what the bullet maker recommends for a twist rate. BTW, the Savage 23B in 25-20 was made from 1923 to 1942, so I doubt the scope bases were fitted before the factory open sights were installed.

I load my sako 25 20 with 75 gr hornady Vmax. Its a long bullet in a short magazine. great results.

moves pretty slow.

Latest posts

Back