• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

6,3 x 33 R

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Definitely a Savage Model 23, but that stamp on the barrel appears to be Sako. Which is odd, indeed, since the Savage 23 was made with a barrel and receiver which was ONE PIECE! Yes, that's right, the receiver was machined out of the same piece of tubular metal as the barrel and is all one piece. In other words, it is essentially impossible to rebarrel a Model 23.

Janne, be sure to let us know all you can about this very unique piece!

Thanks for posting the pictures up Janne. Like I mentioned it's a bit of an unknown how these rifles came about. I wonder does it have any Sako proof marks on it? These will be a small lion head. Usually where the barrel joins the action.
image.jpeg

What did you our old one?
Not sure exactly what you mean here dhv? My old L46 shown on the 1st page of this thread has the stamp that looks like two squares for want of a better terminology - see the photo. These are whats on all the very early rifles I have in 7x33 and .25-20 that are domestic production.
I would expect Jannes rifle being much later production to possibly have the lions head on it from that vintage if it was proofed by sako. The sako-enfields have this proof stamp and it would be interesting to know if the savage Janne has this stamp.

Well hard to believe but after I got that first one with the shortened barrel I've picked up a few more L-46 25-20s. I will sell the short barrel one soon I think as I now have the three .25-20s below which run from early to late production that haven't been modified.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello John,

Your L46. 6, 3 X 33 R in the centre has the most stunning birch stock. My L46. 6, 3 X 33 R is similar to the rifle on the left, although mine has a bit more figure. I really like the birch stocks, as they differ so very much. My rifle has been used little, and is all original, including butt plate, front sight hood, rear sight complete and all the screws are inline and not at all chewed. I recently purchased a spare magazine from the USA which is all steel and of very good quality. I love my Sako L461 .222 Rem. HB, and my L579 .22 - 250 Rem. HB but my favorite is with out doubt my L46 6, 3 X 33 R!

Blackjack

I have to agree, the one in the middle looks absolutely stunning.

BTW no more stamps on the sako-savage.

PS. I will pick up my L46 7x33 monday next week.

Last edited:
You guys are just killing me. But I think I figured out what you are doing to come up with these rare Sako rifles. You are sprinkling empty cases on the ground, watering them and presto, the rare Sakos just grow before your eyes. If I'm wrong shame on me but that has to be what is going on over there. I wonder what will happen if I try that here?

rick

Hello Sako Girls & Boys,

First of all I would like to wish all our Members of this fabulous club " A Happy New Year ". Now to business - I am finding It very difficult to find .25-20 Win. { 6, 3 X 33 R } ammunition in Gt. Britain UK , even the brass is so hard to find! If there are any Sako Members in the UK with any leads, can they let me know? Thanks.

Blackjack

Mike: If you have a full length .25-20 die it isn't hard to neck down .32-20 brass, or neck up .218 Bee brass. All are the same basic case. However, the .32-20 and Bee brass may not be any easier to find!

Good Afternoon SCC,

Does anyone know If there are any suppliers of 6, 3 X 33 R {.25 - 20 WCF } ammunition in England Gt. Briton UK?

Blackjack

Hi Jack, I've been looking but so far no soap. Can you purchase from US and have it shipped to you if it is just unprimed brass?

rick

Thanks Rick,

There is a Company in England that have had .25 - 20 WCF brass on order for 2 years, they have recently taken delivery of .30 - 30 brass but so far NO .25 - 20 WCF. Anyway I will keep trying! By the way how is your L461 .222 Rem. project coming along { The drilled receiver one }

Blackjack

Back