• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Yankee in Louisiana

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

coldspring

war2.jpg Thank You for inviting me to your forum. My name is Vince; I am originally from Massachusetts. I was born in Arlington VA 1963. I have been a long time firearms enthusiast since the early 70s. At 18 I joined the Marine Corps and was fortunate to have completed the Scout Sniper program and Amphibious Reconnaissance School(ARS) before my 20th birthday, my unit was 1st Bat 6th Marines. After a break in service I joined the Air Force , served 2 deployments in Iraq and a third in Kyrgyzstan 2002-2011, retired in 2015; currently working in Louisiana.While I have had quite a few bolt actions I only recently got the Sako bug. Now I think it's only Sako for me. There is just something about them, a perceived and visual quality. Pleased to meet all of you. I have been on some other forums but none as friendly as this one.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service. What would have really impressed us is if you had been holding a Sako in this picture. :D Kidding of course.

Welcome, and much respect for your service. I love the photo. The combination of the almost-unmarked flight suit, boonie hat, and anonymous gray a/c flashed a mental picture of running guns to the Contras in the 80's. My first take was "Wow, this guy is some kind of spook." Glad you set the record straight, although I'd be just as happy to welcome you if you were a spook. Some of my best friends...

While I have had quite a few bolt actions I only recently got the Sako bug.
You poor bastard ! Once you get this disease, it will never leave you. And if it does, then a piece of your life has been lost. If you see an old Sako that you want, buy it because you may never see one like it again!! Thank you for your service ! I hold the Corps close to me as well, I've been on the Navy/Corps civilian side for over 30 years. I spent 4 years at Bell Helicopter as an Avionics Engineer for NAVAIR back in the 2000s! Too damn hot for me in Ft. Worth, I tell you that. Welcome aboard and come back and post often !

DeerGoose

You poor bastard ! Once you get this disease, it will never leave you. And if it does, then a piece of your life has been lost. If you see an old Sako that you want, buy it because you may never see one like it again!! Thank you for your service ! I hold the Corps close to me as well, I've been on the Navy/Corps civilian side for over 30 years. I spent 4 years at Bell Helicopter as an Avionics Engineer for NAVAIR back in the 2000s! Too damn hot for me in Ft. Worth, I tell you that. Welcome aboard and come back and post often !

DeerGoose
Thank You

Back