Worth? 1976 l461 .223 vixen

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Casey Robertson, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    This may be a "never say never" moment, but I looked through all of my Sako catalogs from 1951 thru 1972. Except for one short time frame from 1962 through 1963, all catalogs showed actions and barreled actions as available. The 1962 and 1963 catalogs show actions, barreled actions and barrels available. All of the catalogs, including the 62 and 63, show the length of the barrel on the barreled action to be what we are all familiar with. The 1962 and 1963 catalog show 26" barrels in all calibers as available for the first time. I've seen 375 H&H, 338, 300 H&H, 7mag and 264 with 26" barrels and most were made in 62-63, with a few made in 1964. But I've never seen the L461 or L579 action with a 26" barrel. This is out of the 1962 catalog.
    Sako Barrels.jpg

cl_leg likes this.

2. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    You did all the things you claim later that you didn’t. What you have in regards to a Sako rifle is questionable as stated before, as there is no evidence of the $5,000.00 rifle with a 26 inch barrel.

Your usage of profanity further indicates a questionable level of intelligence that adds to the indicator of a sophomoric mentality and inability to express yourself well.

I don’t try to get even with people by name-calling, but if I did I would call you a stupid, infantile moron that got the only pleasure from your pathetic approach to something you know nothing about and still found 3 other equally stupid people to reinforce your ignorance.

CVCOBRA1 likes this.
  3. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    All the components may be pure Sako, but that doesn't make it factory original.

4. Casey Robertson

Casey Robertson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Profanity doesn’t mean I have a questionable level of intelligence. But think what you will. People attack people online when they do what I’ve done. Its just a type of mob mentality.

5. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
  6. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Folks, I wish we would go back to our original position of not trying to estimate value of any Sako pieces presented by newbies asking for value. Without actually having the piece in hand putting a value on the thing is a crap shoot at best. Instead I would suggest that we decline to do so and instead refer the person to the many auction sites where they could get an idea of the value of their piece.

rick

FLT and paulsonconstruction like this.
  7. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    What rick said times 10!!!!!

8. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Thanks Paul. I am glad you agree. Now we have to get our other members on the same page. Hopefully the will read our recommendation and go along with us.

rick

9. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Friends: I'm shutting this thread down. We can take up Rick's suggestion in another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.