Windage adjustment with two piece optilocks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sako parts' started by Smgchandler, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Smgchandler

Smgchandler Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US North Carolina
    Little update for those interested. I moved the front base as far back to rear of action as to line up with the port and it did correct about a foot of windage and it may be enouh to get by just from eye balling through barrel but that is with almost all of windage adjustment used on scope so i am still not satisfied. It’s just not right or the way it should be. I actually emailed eurooptics where bases rings were purchased to see if they have any input. Two other members from another site/forum had exact same problem one being same model rifle. I had intentions of buying bases rings from one and he refused to sell to me because he said they wouldn’t work ! I asked why and he said not enouh windage so i feel like it is the base that is off center. I did consider using a thinner piece of the plastic insert that protects scope on right side of scope. Even with that - again it’s not right and this rifle deserves “right”. So i will see what europtics has to say. In the mean time anyone have an older front base for sale in the optilock for L461 action ? Willing to give that a try as well. Thanks

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
  3. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    This makes more sense to me. Even though these bases are geometrically patterned, it certainly could be the back base is miss aligngned due to the boss not aligning in the notch on the dovetail. Certainly could be an issue.

Several makers use the rear ring and base to provide windage adjustment via opposing jam screws. It’s possible an involuntary shift is occurring when the clamp is tightened, thus cocking the base at an angle.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  4. Smgchandler

Smgchandler Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US North Carolina
    Well fellas I’m going to
    Pack the Optilocks up in a baggie - (all 3 sets of rings and the ring mounts and bases) and put the Leupolds and different scope back on. No response from eurooptics and the Sako mounts have left a bad taste in my mouth. One fine shooting rifle though even with a not so powerful scope. I certainly appreciate the responses and until i come
    Up with something else i can live with rifle the way it is but it deserves better Thanks again