• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Why not start an import and export section

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Will do L61r thanks but Australia has a free trade agreement with the U.S and this might make things alittle easier now. This might be the reason why a few gun dealers in Autralia are now importing alot more guns. The process I think is easier thane ever before.

Just got through reading Ron Hattons post and it looks like 5-600 per rifle and 3-6 months and that was to a single purchaser. On this end it looks like you will need an FFL with an export license that will be receptive to receiving, inspecting, storing, repacking from multiple sources to multiple owners in addition to export duties. That in itself might be a hard sale and not sure what they would want for that service. Our FFL's can be a fickle group with the small guy operating out of his house at one end of the spectrum to the large retailers. One thing they seem to have in common is that no one dictates to them what they do and the time to do it is at their discretion. Finding the right guy would seem to be the issue for the US side. I have a friend that is a FFL, has a large internet presence in the Dallas area, his comment was he wouldn't touch a export deal with a 10' pole as he has his share of the ATF looking over his shoulder at every step as it is. He also offered that most that get into the export side don't usually do it for very long, not sure what that means.

Last edited:
edd...I commend you and the rest for this attempt to organize an effort to make things work better. The cost and fee's I see are way out of hand. I am also humbled by your asking me to help. I wish I could, but the truth is, I can barely keep my drivers and electricians license in order. I have a couple of small time FFL holders I use for gun purchases out of my local area, and I am sure they wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole...they already cry about the amount of paper work they have with the BATF already! I hope that there will be someone here amongst our group that will step up and give a hand to this because it sounds as if it could be a profitable venture in ALL directions! Thanks and good luck with this! -Bloo

Ok bloo thanks anyway but a section on this site devoted to such an exercise would be a great venture for someone + a great way to reduce costs and service for members. Again thanks it seem to be a challenging idea.

I thought we could look at Rons thread here hope you dont mind RON.

Sakos From the USA to Australia

At long last i have in my care sakos taken out of the good old US
1) Sako m995 30-06
2) sako l57 action
3) sako TRG42 .300mag
4) sako VL63 .308
5) sako quad 4 barrels .22lr .22mag.17m2 .17mr
OK to get them from the us to australia we only had cut down one tree
1 get defence approve 15days
2 have purches order on your letter head for each rifle and or parts,stating enduser can not be resold outside of Australia without US permission
3 Send all this to my us broker. He fills in D83 form and send to the US Defence department about 60days
4 If all goes well he then send me the rifles And of couse customs then take them so start more paper work
5 Fill in coustoms N10 form
6 aply for b709 form from the police firearms brance about 4 weeks
7 make apoitment with Australia Quarantine to inspect the firearms for bugs(dont want to mix owe ause bugs with yanky bugs)
8 Make apoitment with coustoms to pick up fire arms
9 pay the bill
What lunt from this
When inporting from the US,once i have all the rifles serial numbers ,fill in the paper work.aply for the b709 so that once the rifles arive in Australia Iwont havt all the waiting time
Total cost
air frate $780
customs fee + gst 880
quarantine $130
us broker 700.
Hope this helps aney one that want to bring in rifles
All the best
Ron Hatton​

work hard to buy an old sako
for a old man
ron
From downunder
good old south australia

What if you came over to the US yourself. Then could you take a couple of rifles back with you without going thru all of the above steps?

I think you are rite rocky if I did go to the US I would be a an advantage providing I have all the paper work completed with me but it isnt convenient.

Six years ago my daughter spent six months in Australia completing her college degree. I could have sent a couple of guns with her and help pay her expenses.

Edd,
Bringing them back as checked luggage is easier than I thought - so maybe you need to do a trip to the US on our behalf ('raid'... what were those addreses again!)

I spoke to a competition shooter today who has been to the States a few times for comp shooting; on one of his trips he bought some guns at a big gun show and brought them back. He said the size of the gun show is enormous by Aussie standards. He had to get someone else to actually buy them (as he wasn't a US resident, he was not able to buy them off the dealer/retailer himself; but you can buy off a private person). No problems getting them out of USA, but when he got to Aus Customs, he said no big deal, he declared them, naturally Customs confiscated them, they gave him 28 days to stump up the paperwork. He went & arranged the necessary papework (within the 28 days), went back to the Airport with a dealer who was happy to do the 'importing', paperwork done, firearms released, big savings, everyone happy.

cheers
Chris

Sounda like a possibllity so next time I am travelling I will make a special effort to go to the U.S and also remember to get a list of all the rifles you and others want and bring back a container of gun back to OZ with me this might satisfy our thirst for Sako's for a while. But serious it might be the only real way maybe we can go as a group and go together, and do some hunting whilst there. This importing business is rediculuos the government has is definitly tryingto prevent the movement of guns into OZ.
Keep on this we will make a transaction.
Happy hunting
ed

Guys

My daughter went to college in Brisbane. Check with the local collages to see if they have an exchange program. You should have some Australian students in your area going to the US.

I have a brother inlaw in the U.K that might be able to buy over there if its possible that way we have all of europe to choose from.? What do you think.?

edd!

It´s not that easy in Europe. UK has some restrictive legislation when it comes to firearms. Some of our UK members can probably tell us more.
But I know shipping from UK to Sweden is expensive. I´ve received quotes from 300€ up to 500€ for one rifle! To ship rifles from germany to Sweden is less expensive. An approximate price for one gun is 175-250€.

It is not allowed to ship rifles or parts with the Postal Office anymore. At least not internationally. The same goes for the Danish Post.

An example. I know people who have ordered wooden rifle stocks from the US, and the Swedish Postal Office (now privatized) returns the stocks because it´s gunparts!

So hard times are here!

Jim

Ok thank Jim BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE FOUND A DEALER IN the US who will help move his SAKO stock which is always increasing sound very promising and he has some good rifles I am interested in, They are:
Sako Target 22 .308 Win caliber rifle. 26" barrel in OD green with Picatinny base. New. $3,695.00
Sako L61R .264 Win caliber rifle. Early Finnbear model, Pre-Garcia import. Near excellent condition. $895.00

Sako Quad .22 WMR caliber rifle. Accomodates four quick replacement rimfire barrels. New. $829.95
Sako TRG-22 .308 Win caliber rifle with 26" barrel in desert tan with Picatinny base. New. $3,695.00
Sako 85L .338 Win mag caliber Kodiak model rifle. This has a match grade barrel and control round feed. New. $1,729.95
Sako AIII 7mm Rem Magnum caliber rifle. Early deluxe model in excellent condition. $1,495.00
Sako 85 L Classic .375 H&H Mag. caliber rifle. 24 3/8" barrel with detachable magazine and matte finish. New. $2,019.95 Sako A III .300 Win Mag caliber rifle. Early deluxe model in very good plus condition. With detachable mag. $1,450.00
Sako 85 M .270 Win caliber rifle. 22 7/16" fluted barrel, stainless steel receiver. New. $1,589.95
Sako III 6PPC caliber rifle. Stainless steel heavy barrel target model with laminated stock and Kahles 2.5x10 scope. A great set up in excellent condition. $1,995.00
Sako AV .300 Win Mag caliber rifle. Customized early model with Chrome finish, muzzle brake and Kevlar stock, with scope rings. Excellent condition. $995.00
Sako 85M 6.5x55 SE caliber rifle with 24 3/8” barrel, single set trigger, iron sights and detachable mag. New. $2,019.95
Sako Trg-42 .338 Lapua magnum caliber rifle with 27" barrel. This is a long range sniper rifle with adjustable green stock. New. $3,650.00
Sako TRG-42 .338 Lapua Mag caliber sniper rifle. This is a long range sniper rifle with 27" barrel, blue finish and adjustable black stock. New. $3,295.00
Sako 85L Kodiak .375 H&H Mag. caliber rifle. S.T.S. barrel and action detachable magazine. New. $1,729.95
Sako 85M .270 Win caliber rifle. Stainless steel barrel, detachable mag, Control RD feed bolt. New. $1,559.95
Sako A III .30-06 caliber rifle. Older model Sako, Redfield Low-TRO 3x9 scope. Excellent condition. $1,295.00
Sako L61R .30-06 SPRG caliber rifle. Early Finnbear model with custom McMillan thumbhole sporter stock, Burris 8 x 32 target scope and Vanguard bipod. $1,495.00 Sako L61R .30-06 SPRG caliber rifle. Early Deluxe model in beautiful condition. Pre-Garcia model without import marks. $1,495.00 Finnish 39 7.62 X 54 R caliber rifle. Built by Sako in 1944. Finnish Army SA marked. Matching serial numbers on barrel, bolt and floor plate. The bore has strong rifling and is dark in the grooves. The wood is good with dents, dings and no cracks. Good-very good overall condition. $359.95

I have already put the older deluxes on hold looks like I might try a purchase!

If Any of the Australia collectors are interested let me know we could do a better deal if we purchase together he said he will cut the prices as its worth his while!
regard
Ed

Last edited:
edd,

You should jump all over that .264. That is a smokin deal. I see some other nice ones in there also.

Does he also import? If it works out, let us know.

He import through another dealer, but that 264 is on hold for me and its in excellent condition.Looks like an aftermarket pad fitted. Check out this pic.
a469abd6454766a03187d8b12a0b0e6b.jpg

Last edited:
Edd...if the .264 has the "26 incher"(barrel)...well you know what I mean. Looks like things are shaping up for you guys...I'm happy for ya'll:whoo:-Bloo

Latest posts

Back