• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Whats the best Bipod for a 85 Varmit .308

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

wags.222

Hi there fellow Sako'ers,

Recently got my self Sako 85 Varmint in .308. Topped with a NF 5.5-22x56 scope. a HSS Muzzle Brake (very tight fit) and now looking a putting a Bipod on it as well.

Who can tell me what brands are out there and which fits Sako the best.

I'm looking a Harris bipod at the moment but there seems to be a number of different models of them. Some fixed, some with swivel, and there's and quick release model.

Swivel and quick release sounds the go to me and 9-13in legs.............. Any one have that? Any reviews on it. Please.

Hope to hear surjections thanks.

Wags

Hi Wags.222
as per my pm I don't think you can go passed Harris swivel (they are very good )
FYI I am putting Blackhawk 6-9 swivel in on my new SS varmint only $75 from my local Gun shop
will let you know how they go
Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 24
I use an Atlas. I've mounted Blackhawk Swivel Stud Picatinny Rail Adapters on all three of my 85's - two Varmints and a Hunter. Only have one bipod but then I can only shoot one rifle at a time,

Cheers

I'm looking at an A11 chambered for .22-250 (serial number 334xxx) that was modified for a bipod rail. the rail is thought to be anschutz. it looks like aluminum. must weigh a lot less than the wood that was removed?
would the gun's balance or harmonics, etc, be affected negatively?
thanks

E0BD02D6-3C62-46C3-82BD-492B9BEB37F5_4_5005_c.jpeg

Latest posts

Back