Sako What is it

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by christopher allan, Nov 23, 2019.

?

what are they, opinion on value

1. model

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. christopher allan

christopher allan Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    backstory is women purchased in Germany in 1989 with father in law. Brought back to states in 1991.
    .308 with a 20x Nikon. Not sure what model it is or value, but it is in perfect shape. Appears unfired. Not a scratch, nick or mark on the rifle.

also will post an AII in .223 that had a Leupold M-8 on top. she purchased at same time. Its in the same condition. After said I would buy the .308 she says "I have another one".

Sent inquiry but they do not have records on the A1. figure I would ask this most knowledgable group.

Many thanks for your comments and opinions

Attached Files:

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    The 308 is an AI Deluxe with the engraved-silver floor plate latch and trigger guard. The 223 is an AII sporter.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  3. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    If these shots are all of the AI .223, then it is a deluxe with iron sights. Rare configuration over here. Could use some more pix of the buttstock area. Probably worth, 1500-2k these days. You'll see sellers ask more, but they aren't getting it. Leupold m8 worth 150-200. Rings? OEM sako? 75 to 125.

4. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    2 different guns. 1 is an AII deluxe, the other an AI standard. The AI is 223, the AII is 308, as the 223 is a short action and the 308 is a medium.

Your pictures don’t reveal much, just pieces of 2 different rifles that may be worth $2400.00 or so, sans scopes. The scopes may add value of a couple hundred $ but the rifles are where the value really is.

308 deluxe $1300.00 and 223 $1100.00 if they are 96-98%. Nice guns, but hard to tell with such limited view of them...

5. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Kirk has it right! The 223 is an AI (short action) standard sporter & the 308 is an AII (medium action) Deluxe. If you end up with that 8X Leupy & don't want it, send me a PM.

6. christopher allan

christopher allan Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    I added thumbnail 1043 for a side by side of the two. The 308 has the 20x Nikon, the .223 the M-8. If anyone is interested I would be glad to post details of the buttstocks, barrels, barrel marks, etc.
    Bought a new car so considering letting in the .308 go, possibly the .223 also. I wanted the .308 but seller also had the .223 so it was hard not to buy both. I have not fired either one. They look like came out of time warp from 1989

Greatly appreciate all the comments and help provided here.

7. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Hey Chris,

Thanks again for the heads up, can't wait!

Gary

8. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Chris, I picked up the rifles, they are gorgeous and immaculate! Thanks again! Time to tear them down, give them a detail cleaning and condition those stocks! Very cool that they are bring backs, I now have 4 of those!