What Do You Hunt w/ Your Sakos?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by stonecreek, Feb 28, 2021.

1. RangerAV

RangerAV Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    AV, .25-'06 Rem... Pronghorn in Colorado, Javelina in Arizona, Mule Deer (once, unsuccessful) in Colorado. Very nice rifle, but I have to admit I found it to be a bit too heavy to carry in the steep country as I age...

-Chris

2. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    A little late to the thread, but better late than never. I’ve been extremely lucky. Owning and hunting with Sako rifles for well over 30 years and counting is what life should be all about....Right?

My primary quarry is mule deer. Don’t ask me why, but a 30” mulie is my goal. I’ve been close- but 30” is really hard, especially as the years pass. My wife set me up for this year with an outfitter for Wyoming or Colorado, my choice - so we’ll see. I also hunt elk, antelope, bear, pigs moose and coyote. Still trying to draw the elusive sheep tag.

Like I said, hunting with arguably the best rifles on the planet is something special. I’ve hunted with friends and friends of friends who’ve been impressed around the camp fire when they’ve handled one of my rifles. It’s even resulted in some of those folks being transformed.

Have any of you either had your Sako in your lap or setting in the sun on your pack and just starred in amazement. I know I have, more than a few times.

sraaw likes this.