• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Finnwolf VL63 VL 63 magazines

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

bigbear

I suggest you put your Finnwolf magazines in a bank safety deposit box, one just sold at auction for $426 U.S. !!!

Well I suppose it only takes two people to drive an auction. All this stuff is getting rare though nowdays I suppose, but some of the prices are pretty steep.

I still wonder if older sako's will come down in price in the next 5-10 years though. Many of the "collectors" are getting on in years and I do wonder if a new generation of people that appreciate these older sako's will take there place? Will be interesting to see. Either I'll be buying lots of cheap older sako's or thinking jezz I'm glad I got that when I did!

Cheap old Sakos would be nice, but old Sakos sell themselves. The new crop of young gun buyers might not go looking for them, but end up buying them because they feel the quality.

I see it the other way around. It's the black junk on the market that will nosedive in value, if it hasn't already. I see pistol cases and rifle racks awash with the stuff, and more coming online all the time.

Well I suppose it only takes two people to drive an auction. All this stuff is getting rare though nowdays I suppose, but some of the prices are pretty steep.

I still wonder if older sako's will come down in price in the next 5-10 years though. Many of the "collectors" are getting on in years and I do wonder if a new generation of people that appreciate these older sako's will take there place? Will be interesting to see. Either I'll be buying lots of cheap older sako's or thinking jezz I'm glad I got that when I did!
Topgear-
I have had the same thoughts over the years but I still kick myself for getting rid of many of the rifles I have sold or given away, recently. I am one of those that no longer buys to collect due to age and health but I still see a healthy market in quality firearms of any name brand. Historically up and down market with varying lengths of feast and famine. The wealth achieved in firearms investing is generally felt inside an investors head, not his wallet.-Misako

Topgear-
I have had the same thoughts over the years but I still kick myself for getting rid of many of the rifles I have sold or given away, recently. I am one of those that no longer buys to collect due to age and health but I still see a healthy market in quality firearms of any name brand. Historically up and down market with varying lengths of feast and famine. The wealth achieved in firearms investing is generally felt inside an investors head, not his wallet.-Misako

Well said,sir! The most wisdom I heard today. Like they said at the rich man's funeral... Boy they say he was wealthy, what did he leave behind?... Everything.
Enjoy everyday as much as you can. And as my kid's always say, peace out!

The wealth achieved in firearms investing is generally felt inside an investors head, not his wallet.-Misako

Well put Misako. I too hope to get a lot of enjoyment handing on some of my rifles to my sons when I can no longer use them. Hopefully a lot of hunting to go under the bridge before that happens though :)

Its interesting too, I've always taken the view I only buy something rifle wise I will or want to hunt with. I couldn't bring myself to keep a rifle in a box in the safe unfired, but I know many people that do and get a real buzz out of it which is good. To me when I find one of these it means its got a lot of hunting life left in it ;) It sure will be interesting to see what happens. maybe the $6000 .218 bee will look like a bargain in 10-15 years time!

I see it the other way around. It's the black junk on the market that will nosedive in value, if it hasn't already. I see pistol cases and rifle racks awash with the stuff, and more coming online all the time.
The AR's have dropped to about half of their "panic" prices. But with their alloy frames and plastic stocks they are so cheap to build that they are still priced significantly higher than is justified compared to their cost of production. The same is true of the cheap (cheaply-made, that is) pistols flooding market. As a gun dealer friend of mine said recently, "Everybody who wanted an AR now has two and wants to sell one of them." So I have to agree, there is more down potential in the "black gun" market than up.

Firearms are designed for basically three purposes: To shoot targets, to shoot animals, or to shoot people (plus the firearms that are intended primarily just to make noise.) I decided that I no longer needed to subscribe to one of the larger gun magazines when I counted the pages in this last issue and found that 4 out of 5 pages of both editorial content and advertising was devoted to guns designed for shooting people. Don't get me wrong: I've hunted and killed both deer and turkeys with a handgun, and have spent many a pleasurable hour shooting both formal and informal handgun targets. I'm just not that interested in shooting people, although no shortage of that activity apparently goes on.

In over a half century of shooting I've never gotten around to shooting at any people, and frankly don't expect to. I would suspect that is the way that the majority of hunters and target shooters feel. So I expect that the long-term appreciation potential is, as it has mostly always been, with the higher quality hunting and target guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back