Vintage Bausch & Lomb Scopes for Sako!

Discussion in 'SCC Trade Corner' started by stonecreek, Mar 9, 2018.

1. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Here's a deal for you if you want to put a contemporaneous scope on your pre-Garcia Sako (or any other Sako on which you want a fine, U.S.-made scope). I have two fine old Bausch & Lomb Balvar scopes, a 2.5-8x and a 2.5-5X, both in outstanding cosmetic and optical condition. These were made in Rochester, NY, in the 1960's and have some of the best optical glass available. Their one-piece tubes with their external adjustments gave them a reputation for being bullet-proof. They have a deep, low-gloss finish which is not as glossy as an anodized Leupold but glossier than today's matte finished scopes. Both feature tapered reticles.

To go with either of them I have Kuharsky Bros mounts for Sako L46/L461/AI, L57/579/AII, and L61R/AIII/AV -- which also fit the equivalent action lengths in the 91 and 75 series Sakos. I also have your choice of the leaf spring rings (seen attached to the scopes) or the quick-detach plunger-style rings.

You can have your choice of either scope with any length base and either style of rings for $100 plus $10 shipping for the entire package. If you want both scopes and all of the mounts I'll make you a deal. Send me a PC to purchase or ask questions.

Bausch (1024x732).jpg

2. stonecreek

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The 2.5-5X scope is spoken for. The 2.5-8X is still available, along with any length base needed.

3. stonecreek

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Both scopes are now spoken for. But if someone needs a base/ring set for these drop me a line as I still have a couple.