Tikka Varmint stainless

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by Dave Gilchrist, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Dave Gilchrist

Dave Gilchrist Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU West Australia 2
    Wondering if anyone could tell me which mount I should use to get a leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 nice and close to the barrel on my TX3 Varmint stainless LH 25-06 Thanx

2. lord frith

lord frith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Belize
    State/Region:
    US Washington
    Hi,
    Would think a visit with Leupold directly or a respected and known dealer would give you several sort-it-out possibilities.
    Luck,
    Stephen

3. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    If you are going to use Optilock bases and rings check this out. Get your caliper out and measure the outside of you objective lens on your scope. Take in to account that your varmint barrel may be a tad larger in diameter also.
    https://www.tikka.fi/sites/default/files/Optilockring.pdf

If you are going to use a rail and picatinny rings check out any ring site that you want to use.

4. Dave Gilchrist

Dave Gilchrist Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU West Australia 2
    Thanx for replies,should have stated would also like to keep weight down a bit.The T3X varmint isnt too bad but all adds up after a long night and it will be used for hunting as well.I have Optilock two piece mounts on a M591 LH,good mounts.That one still comes in lighter than the varmint weight bare.Was hoping to use Optilock one piece ring mounts but they are too low.Going to try some Talley alloy one piece(med),they tell me will fit with (my measurments say it must be real close ).Also pisked up some Optilock ringmounts for my L579 thought would give the old girl a birthday and get rid of the Hilvers (Aussie made,solid but ugly as a flattend goanna)Avalability can be a problem down here at the moment,no covid isnt bad but