Value of Sako Golden Anniversary Rifle

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by bigdogfla, Dec 14, 2018.

1. bigdogfla

bigdogfla Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Hi Guys, I am contemplating selling my Golden Anniversary rifle, and don't know what it is worth in today's market. It has never been shot by me, and been stored in a Gun sock and hard case. Please let me know on any recent sales that you know of or just your opinion?

Thanks,

Paul

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Paul you need to elaborate as to which anniversary rifle and pictures would be helpful.
    Best method to determine pricing is to look at websites like gunbroker, gunsamerica or others to see what ones have sold for or what folks are asking.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  3. bigdogfla

bigdogfla Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Thank you Marlin 92, I realized I needed to put Golden Anniversary and have just uploaded some photos.

All the Best,

Paul

4. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Paul looks like the last the last golden anniversary sold for $1324 and new in box If you do not have the box or paperwork it would
    probably sell for about 100 less.
    good luck

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Two lug or three lug bolt? They made both.

"Never been shot by me" doesn't mean much. I have an ancient Hopkins & Allen double barrel shotgun hanging on the wall above my bookcase which has "never been shot by me", but it has certainly been shot plenty by someone else. So, is it fired or unfired?

Box or no box?

There were 1000 of these made and almost all were imported to the U.S., so they are not that uncommon here. They are beautifully made rifles, but are, of course, from the (unjustifiably) much-maligned Garcia period. The least I've seen one bring in recent years is $1,500. I've seen as much as $3,000 asked for one, but have seen none actually sell at that price. How the buyer perceives the quality of the wood, whether the box is present, whether the rifle appears fired, two or three lug bolt, and any dings or safe rash all bear on how quickly and at what price it will sell. Some people even value a lower serial number, which is silly since Sako never produced in serial sequence. Bottom line: There is no one "correct" price on these.

Getting a good price and getting it relatively quickly depends on finding a buyer who is particularly interested. Most Sako enthusiasts have had an opportunity at one at some time or another, so the universe of interested buyers is somewhat limited. On the other hand, there are fewer of them available to the market as each year passes, so that argues for greater interest.

6. bigdogfla

bigdogfla Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Colorado
    Thank you for that insight, I received a note from a member that they recently paid $1800... This gun was sold t me by the original owner qho stated he had never shot the rifle... I believe him as the rifle appears to be new, but I am the second owner and cant prove it was not shot... Do they fire them at the factory? We'll see what the market brings... Thanks again, and Happy Holidays.

Paul