• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Unfired .243 Carbine is GONE!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hey all,
That mint 1971 Carbine in .243 I was bragging about? Well the A-hole who agreed to the sale sold it out from under me because payment was obviously not received by him fast enough. Agreed to purchase on Tuesday before Turkey-day. Sent payment to him on Friday (due to holiday which he brought up) priority with delivery on following tuesday. Called him today (Friday) to see what was going on and he informed me he just got my payment & FFL today because he was hunting last two days. Told me he called and left a meesage the prior Friday to see If I was still interested because he had not received payment, that's right, two days later!!! I checked caller ID and he did call once, no message though, and no e-mail. Informed me he sold it. What a tool. Contacted Post office and if I would have sent payment snail-mail on Wed. it would not have arrived at his location until probably today. Anyway, I guess that happens sometimes. First for me though.
Regards, Will

Will

He may have changed his mind & wanted to keep it so he used the snail mail excuse. Don't lose any sleep over it, there will be another to come your way.

It wasn't sent snail-mail. I paid $6 for priority 3-4 day delivery. Also, he still had the rifle listed on Gunsinternational, even after I made the agreement with him Tuesday before Turkey-day. It is still listed after he told me on Dec. 4th he had sold it before he received my payment which the post office confirmed arrived at his place on Dec. 2d. He told me he did not check his mail until the 4th as he was hunting the two days prior. Yea, right. My advice, Beware of sellers who provide telephone numbers with what they are selling. Always have a paper trail or E-trail. I'm sure someone else contacted him after me and offered a higher price. When he did not receive funds from me within two shipping days, he placed a call to me at 10:02 am on Friday after T-Day, and left no message. That's a CYA if I ever saw one. He told me on the phone today after I called to see what was going on that he called me on Friday after t-day to see If I still wanted the rifle. That's two shipping days after the agreement, and only one call, no message, on the day after Thanksgiving!!!! If anyone wants to send this tool a message, register for free on gunsinternational.com, scroll to Sako rifles, click, and when the posts come up, scroll down until you see the .243 carbine photo's taken on this guys wood deck. His phone number is 614-561-5972 as you will see on his description. Or send him an e-message. I'm really pissed:sad2: They should make one of these round heads for pissed.
Anyway, regards, Will

Will, it does look like a beaury - sorry your deal went sour. I guess the fact is a person can't make assumptions about a seller or buyer's integrity. It seems like often talking with somebody gives you a good feel for what you're dealing with, but best to still take precautions. Email trail is good, and I always send a message to notify and confirm the day payment is sent - even considered getting one of those add-ons that requires acknowlegment before message can be opened...

All that said, I think a rotten seller can still find ways to weasle out of a deal. Online gun transactions offer amazing selection but we should never lose track of the shortcomings. Sooner or later, we all will likely run into one of these turkeys.

Sorry for your bad luck, Dick

Hey guys,
Funny how things work out. Just purchased an unfired, 100%, pre-72 Finnbear 7mm mag. Accompanied by peep sight and still packaged NIB set of rings. Rifle is not an import. The gentleman I got it from is a retired Air Force Colonel, and as the story goes, he bought it in Europe and brought it back to the U.S. in 1970 as a gift to his brother. Sadly, his brother died in 1973, having never shot the rifle. His widow kept the rifle in a gun case all this time until asking her brother-in-law, the Colonel, to sell it. Got it all for $1,100! Here's the cool part. the serial number is 64XXX. I have a pre-72 Garcia import Finnbear 7mm mag Carbine with serial number 64XXX! How sweet is that! Anyway, I'm feeling much better now:bigsmile3:
Regards, Will

Sounds like the very best kind of medicine for the 'heartburn' of the previous deal... Congrats. Dick

Thanks guys!
Also, comes with original owners manual still in the plastic wrapper! Photo's will be coming soon N-lights. Hey S-A, I got this one for myself. The wife felt so sorry for me on the previous deal she said I could keep it. What a lady!! Yea, Dick, one great big Tumms!
Regards, Will

Back