• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tutorial for newest post shown first in a thread!

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
OK!

Some members have asked for a tutorial of how to show the newest post first in a thread.

This is how you do that:

First of all,scroll down to the bottom right corner of the forum board.
There´s a box which looks like this:

1.jpg

Click the word General to get this pic:

2.jpg

Then click Settings.

You´ll get a pic like this:

3.jpg

Click General Settings and you´ll get this pic:

4.jpg

Click the Linear Oldest First

Then choose the Linear Newest First:

7.jpg

Scroll down and click Save Changes.

8.jpg

Done!

Jim

Nope.

You're still not getting it. The individual threads display just fine.

When a FORUM is selected, say the "For Sale" forum, the threads are are in random order.
Have to go down to the "Thread Display Options" bit and where it says "Sort Threads By:", have to change "Thread title" in the drop-box to "Last Post Time" and then hit the "Show Threads" button to refresh the screen and get the threads in chronological order.

But, there is no way to make "Last Post Time" a default setting, it always reverts to "Thread title".

Can you set the forums so that "Last Post Time" is the default?

Will read up on this but meanwhile you can click the "Last post by" in each forum

a.jpg .

You can click all the headlines in the blue bar. Try it.

Jim

I've tried the Last Post By in the blue bar, problem is that it re-racks starting with all the old posts, then if you hit it again you get all the new posts in order. It's easier to go to the bottom and do it once but if you go to another area like from For Sale to General you have to start over. As mentioned you just need to change the Default setting for it.

Back