Tulsa Gun Show.....CRAP

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by douglastwo, Mar 14, 2020.

1. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Haven't confirmed, but I just heard the April 4th Tulsa Gun Show just canceled because of the Coronavirus.

2. arthur36

arthur36 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Yep. Saw it on another site with link to the shows page.

3. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    This whole Corona virus scare has gotten so far out of hand, the impact of the threat is far worse than the so-called epidemic they are forecasting.

It only shows how susceptible people are to a supposed health risk and the real pandemic is how the response has sent people to the stores to clean out hand sanitizer and toilet paper.

Now there is an urgency to quarantine everyone from each other to preserve their lives from another threat, just like swine flu and bird flu from the past.

The rush to stores to buy unneeded items isn’t anywhere near the destruction these sheep have caused by the crash in the stock market, precious metals and the economy in general as they run screaming “the sky is falling “...

susanna likes this.
  4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Its the media. Never let a crisis go to waste.....

susanna likes this.
  5. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Yes, thanks CNN and MSNBC for conjuring up a political wag the dog crisis. Obviously we need to be wise and take care of the elderly and those with compromised systems. Our state has 30 confirmed cases, most were impacted in elder facilities.

Store shelves are nearly empty and folks are in panic to buy toilet f•••ing paper, and bottled water....Really...There’s no water problem here. We drink Mckenzie River Water from a glacier.

I do have to utilize humor however. My nice liberal neighbor asked if I had stocked up for the long haul. (fortunately we have two freezers full of stuff and a pantry full of canned and dry goods). I looked at him and said, not necessary cause I’m well stocked on ammo, lot’s a squirrel and turkey to be had. Of course I was wearing my MAGA hat and my Betsy Ross T shirt.

douglastwo our gun show has been canceled too.

susanna, Furdown and FLT like this.
  6. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    I think that, for everyone's mental health and freedom from anxiety, it's best to view the news as little as possible. I'm limiting myself to one dose of the news each day, just to find where the situation is in general and to pick up any local news that may be important--enough to make sure I'm doing what I need to do. Maybe 15-20 minutes, tops. Then, I'm not thinking about it. I've found that I'm sleeping better now as a result. The unending, repetitive coverage of this situation--all day long--is unhelpful and demoralizing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Rocky likes this.
  7. dodgyrog

dodgyrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK Durham City
    Nobody is talking about the financial crash that's underway! I wonder why?

8. South Pender

South Pender Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Do you mean nobody on this forum or nobody in general? If the latter, this has been discussed ad infinitum by all the talking heads and experts on TV.

9. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Now that everyone should be washing their hands 20 times a day, I'm waiting for Commifornia to start complaining about another water shortage. It will come, just wait.
    And the spring breakers who are still crowding the beaches while I can't even go out to eat or cozy up to my favorite bar.

10. dodgyrog

dodgyrog Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK Durham City
    I don't have a tv

11. arthur36

arthur36 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    In the morning, once or twice a week and with careful timing, I turn on the news, because A) I want to see the weather satellite image, and B) The morning weather girl is HOT.

dodgyrog likes this.