Sako TriAce, 22-32, 3-in-1, Case Catcher

Discussion in 'Sako Handguns' started by BobGee, May 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BobGee

BobGee Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    When I bought my complete TriAce, a previous owner had made a case catcher out of a bit of fine cloth netting and bent coat hanger wire. Try as I might, I cannot work out how this contraption was fitted to the pistol. I have a Walther GSP-C centrefire for which I have a very elegant and effective after-market catcher held in place by two tangs, which lock in the slide port to prevent longitudinal movement, with a wrap-around Velcro strap to secure it to the pistol.

Has anyone developed an effective case catcher for the TriAce or 22-32/3-in-1? These days, with very strong rare-earth magnets available, it would seem likely that one could be produced which would stay in place, catch the cases and still allow the pistol to fit in the ISSF measuring box.

Any help or ideas/thoughts would be very welcome.

Bob

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Years ago I had a Caldwell hoop with a net on it that could be mounted on a tri-pod. Kind of a hassle to shoot around but did catch a lot of handgun brass. Can't see that they still have it available so must not have been a big seller. Really only worked if you were shooting at one target. Not so well if you were plinking cans or such.

3. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    They still make it; I bought one a couple of years ago. Works well as long as you're shooting from a fixed position and stance. Can be a hassle to get it at the right height.

The only on-weapon brass catchers I'm familiar with are for rifles, mainly semiauto. There are several made for the AR-platform, and I have a Finnish military brass catcher for a Valmet, but I haven't seen anything for a target pistol.

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
  5. BobGee

BobGee Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I shoot ISSF Centrefire with the TriAce so, theoretically, the hoop on a tripod could work. Unfortunately, our shooting bays are a little cramped at the best of times so a compact, gun-mounted setup would be preferable. I’ll keep working on it and report back if I come up with anything.

Bob