TRG-s stock paint

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by zaitsev, Feb 23, 2020.

1. zaitsev

zaitsev Member

Country Flag:
    UK
    State/Region:
    UK Staffordshire
    Hopefully a simple question: does anyone know what the original textured paint finish on the TRG-s stocks is please?

Also, has anyone ever removed the moulded in floorplate from one of these stocks?

Regards

G

2. Chinese Bandit

Chinese Bandit Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    There is no paint on the stock, it is the color of the molded polymer as I can tell. I have several significant scratches in mine and it remains the same material. No paint. I also would like to know what is in the "core". I have read that it is some expanded foam material but I do not know for sure.

3. CerebralDistortion

CerebralDistortion Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Smaaland
    I would say that it is painted. I have sanded through it on a stock I repainted. The "flecking" is possible to recreate using various methods (toothbrush and somewhat dried paint for one).

As for the core I can't add any information.

Here is a pic of the floorplate/mag well/bedding block. Not taken by me, so I don't know how much it differs from a "new" one.

[​IMG]

4. Chinese Bandit

Chinese Bandit Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    I have not done any sanding on mine, but there are scratches that exceed 1/16" on the stock all over and the material appears to be the same polymer as the surface. I will know for sure in a month or so as I am adding a new barrel to one which will require removal of some material.

5. John Shultz

John Shultz Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Ohio
    I thought the core of the stock on the TRG22 was aluminum?

6. CerebralDistortion

CerebralDistortion Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Smaaland
    The TRG has two aluminium tubes as support running through the rear stock from the butt pad to the handle, and the main aluminium beam everything bolts on to.
    The TRG-s/M995 has no such support that I am aware of or can see. I have not torn one apart to check though.