TRG-S Factory 26" Barrel Replacement

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by Chinese Bandit, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Chinese Bandit

Chinese Bandit Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Alaska
    I ordered a new TRG-S in .338 Lapua Mag, in 2001. I ordered it with a 1:10 twisted 26 in barrel and that is the way it arrived at the dealer. It is my favorite rifle and work horse here in Alaska. In the past 20 years I have put around 5000 rounds down the pipe. It still shoots good, but will need a new barrel soon. I do not want an aftermarket barrel, or a botique barrel. I want an original factory barrel, same twist, same length, manufactured by SAKO Finn. I am unable to find, order or be even offered to send back to the factory accross the pond, to get this accomplished. SAKO USA, Berretta USA are a joke to work with. They have horrible customer service, they are rude and have no room for a blue collar huntingsmith like myself. Does any one know anyone who can help me accomplish what any other manufacturer in the world glad will do for their customers? Thanks in advance. PS this rifle has a very strange serial(imho) two hundred thousand series( never seen another one)

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Beretta USA offers no gunsmithing services, and carries very few parts. Sako does have a warranty service at their factory, but I doubt that any rifles from the U.S. are ever sent there -- if there's a real warranty issue then Beretta just gives the owner a new rifle. The bottom line is that if you want a new (or less-used) factory barrel for your TRGs about the only way to get one would be to buy another TRGs. You are probably better of having a quality barrel made to your specs and fitted by one of the better after-market barrel manufacturers.

3. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    With that many pellets down the tube, I would say that you have treated your favorite rifle with the proper respect and care. I have a very simple solution if you wish to save a lot of time and money replacing the barrel
    and gambling on getting the performance of your original rifle. As a M995 owner for many years I have also enjoyed the capabilities of these fine rifles. They were undoubtedly introduced before their time and have now
    become rather rare and difficult to acquire in some calibers. If you are serious about staying original and wish to correspond, contact me in the following way. If you will PM me with proper land line contact information, I would be happy to help you replace your present rifle with an identical as new condition twin in either the 200 or 900 thousand series. Sakojim.