Sako TRGs TRG 22 scope base thread

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by marzaus, Nov 16, 2010.

1. marzaus

marzaus Member

Hi All
    I'm in the proces of trying to replace the screws that hold the picatinny rail on to pr the TRG 22 receiver. Does anyone know what thread the screws are as the ones on my rifle were stripped by the previous owner.
    Any help would be greatlly appreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Marzaus,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm not a screw expert, but if anyone knows and sees your post I'm sure they will tell you. In lieu of that (assuming you are in the US???) I would call Beretta, Brownells, and Accuflite Arms in PA. One of those sources may be able to give you a part number or specs to work with in your pursuit. In an Accuflite catalog I have, I see they do semi-custom rifles on the TRG-22 platform.
    Tell JB at Accuflite you are a member of this forum.
    Good Luck,
    S-A

3. sakoluvr

sakoluvr Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    There are "replacement kits" available for all the parts in mounts that Sako sells. I am sure you can find what you need in one of the kits. Search on the internet for vendors of Sako TRG accessories. It sucks about the stripped screws. I hope the holes are not damaged too. If it comes down to it, you may have to re-tap the holes. You can always get whatever screw you need to fit the re-tap.