Totally clueless

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by bigcountry4me, Jul 1, 2021.

1. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    These folks are completely clueless. I know they ended up with a bunch of recent auction rifles and selling them now for in some cases ridiculous prices, but this just blows my mind. C’mon man….

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903928008

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Another stock swap......Good luck.

bigcountry4me likes this.
  3. Old Hippie

Old Hippie Formerly known as bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Right, the stock is a Classic, straight combed with a solid pad. I’m thinking it should be an AIII or maybe AV action in that furniture. There is definitely not anything De Lux about the rifle.
    Strange times we live in...

Old Hippie

4. bigcountry4me

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Exactly, it’s an AV Classic stock, you can see the bedding material behind the tang.

Can’t believe there’s zero effort to correctly, and factually describe, then price the rifle accordingly. (I guess maybe it used to be a Deluxe) Any dealer worth their salt could easily and readily research this and come to a factual conclusion, then price it as such (especially when they have an overpriced AIII Deluxe .300 WM also for sale) Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  5. Old Hippie

Old Hippie Formerly known as bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Understood Big Country, my thoughts are and have been for a while that sellers use the attractive words like De Lux or deluxe to prey upon the buyer who simply doesn’t know better. I’ve seen it many times.
    Over the years I’ve had a few of my own gun buddies call me up to tell me that they just got a Sako deluxe only to find they actually just had a Sporter . “It said Deluxe in the ad.” or “ are you sure it’s not a deluxe, look, it has a gold trigger!” These are things that I hear, as I show them what is missing and why it’s simply not a deluxe .

That’s a big reason why I enjoy this forum. It’s all here somewhere. All the info one needs to educate themselves as to all things Sako , especially vintage models.

caveat emptor!

Hippie

bigcountry4me and L61R like this.
  6. bigcountry4me

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    That’s for darn sure

7. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I spoke with a person who personally inspected the items at the auction and also visited this store which bought something like 15 or so of the rifles. He reported that the store owners really are clueless about Sakos (and possibly many other firearms). The pie-in-the-sky prices speak for themselves. He was puzzled as to how this store could operate as a going concern. So am I. But, like the kid in the burger ad from a few years ago who was offering to sell a taste test for $20,000 and was asked if he ever got any customers, his reply was "It only takes one".

8. northernlights

northernlights Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    This GB seller has had outlandishly high prices on Sako rifles for years! I often have wondered how he stays in business, but obviously he has. I'm guessing he uses GB as a vehicle for free advertising and then accepts lower offers and sells outside of the GB format.