• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Totally clueless

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Right, the stock is a Classic, straight combed with a solid pad. I’m thinking it should be an AIII or maybe AV action in that furniture. There is definitely not anything De Lux about the rifle.
Strange times we live in...

Old Hippie

Right, the stock is a Classic, straight combed with a solid pad. I’m thinking it should be an AIII or maybe AV action in that furniture. There is definitely not anything De Lux about the rifle.
Strange times we live in...

Old Hippie
Exactly, it’s an AV Classic stock, you can see the bedding material behind the tang.

Can’t believe there’s zero effort to correctly, and factually describe, then price the rifle accordingly. (I guess maybe it used to be a Deluxe) Any dealer worth their salt could easily and readily research this and come to a factual conclusion, then price it as such (especially when they have an overpriced AIII Deluxe .300 WM also for sale) Thanks.

Last edited:
Understood Big Country, my thoughts are and have been for a while that sellers use the attractive words like De Lux or deluxe to prey upon the buyer who simply doesn’t know better. I’ve seen it many times.
Over the years I’ve had a few of my own gun buddies call me up to tell me that they just got a Sako deluxe only to find they actually just had a Sporter . “It said Deluxe in the ad.” or “ are you sure it’s not a deluxe, look, it has a gold trigger!” These are things that I hear, as I show them what is missing and why it’s simply not a deluxe .

That’s a big reason why I enjoy this forum. It’s all here somewhere. All the info one needs to educate themselves as to all things Sako , especially vintage models.

caveat emptor!

Hippie

I spoke with a person who personally inspected the items at the auction and also visited this store which bought something like 15 or so of the rifles. He reported that the store owners really are clueless about Sakos (and possibly many other firearms). The pie-in-the-sky prices speak for themselves. He was puzzled as to how this store could operate as a going concern. So am I. But, like the kid in the burger ad from a few years ago who was offering to sell a taste test for $20,000 and was asked if he ever got any customers, his reply was "It only takes one".

This GB seller has had outlandishly high prices on Sako rifles for years! I often have wondered how he stays in business, but obviously he has. I'm guessing he uses GB as a vehicle for free advertising and then accepts lower offers and sells outside of the GB format.

Latest posts

Back