• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe (aka Grade/Class 3 Wood)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Hi all, new member here. Thank you all for your helpful discussions. I am relative new to Tikka and Sako rifles. I have learnt a lot but know I still have a lot to learn.

I have a query on, what appears to be, a model specific in Australia that may have been a limited run. It is described as Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe. It's also described as having Grade/Class 3 Wood. Its code is: T3XHDLX308NS.

I have only found a few references to it at dealers priced $2,120 to $2,529 compared to Tikka T3x Hunter blue around $1600. Searching the Internet only provides very limited info saying it has high class/grade 3 Turkish walnut stock. It is not listed on Tikka websites in Australia or overseas. It also appears to be only in blue finish, 308 calibre with 22.4 inch (non-fluted) barrel. I can't attach an image but there is one on OzGunSales.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight or thoughts? Is it worth $500 to $1000 premium. Does it have any other deluxe features like a Sako does with polishing etc? From my Google research grade 3 does not seem that "high".

Must be an Australian thing. Never have seen anything like that here in the states. I do have a T3X Hunter and although the wood is better than most modern stocked rifles it still isn't anything to write home ab0ut. Do the pics that you have seen show a grip cap or different forend tip? Any engraving on the floor plate like the Deluxe Sako's?

Unfortunately only a few pics that don't show all the details. Can see the forend tip is no different. Can't see grip cap. Has a magazine so no floor plate. I can't post any pics until I have done 3 posts but the AUS online gun sale website called ozgunsales.com has a couple of ads from dealers with pics. Search "Tikka T3x Hunter Grade 3 308win” and “Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe .308 Class 3 Walnut” to find the ads.

I will contact the Australian distributor (Beretta) for info.

Nice piece of wood and a definite upgrade in checkering, but that is a lot of money for the difference from a standard sporter.

I reckon its just a hand picked standard Tikka. Every now and again there are a few pearlers in a shipment.

Back