Tikka Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe (aka Grade/Class 3 Wood)

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by JustLookin, Jul 31, 2020.

1. JustLookin

JustLookin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Hi all, new member here. Thank you all for your helpful discussions. I am relative new to Tikka and Sako rifles. I have learnt a lot but know I still have a lot to learn.

I have a query on, what appears to be, a model specific in Australia that may have been a limited run. It is described as Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe. It's also described as having Grade/Class 3 Wood. Its code is: T3XHDLX308NS.

I have only found a few references to it at dealers priced $2,120 to $2,529 compared to Tikka T3x Hunter blue around $1600. Searching the Internet only provides very limited info saying it has high class/grade 3 Turkish walnut stock. It is not listed on Tikka websites in Australia or overseas. It also appears to be only in blue finish, 308 calibre with 22.4 inch (non-fluted) barrel. I can't attach an image but there is one on OzGunSales.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight or thoughts? Is it worth $500 to $1000 premium. Does it have any other deluxe features like a Sako does with polishing etc? From my Google research grade 3 does not seem that "high".

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Must be an Australian thing. Never have seen anything like that here in the states. I do have a T3X Hunter and although the wood is better than most modern stocked rifles it still isn't anything to write home ab0ut. Do the pics that you have seen show a grip cap or different forend tip? Any engraving on the floor plate like the Deluxe Sako's?

3. JustLookin

JustLookin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Unfortunately only a few pics that don't show all the details. Can see the forend tip is no different. Can't see grip cap. Has a magazine so no floor plate. I can't post any pics until I have done 3 posts but the AUS online gun sale website called ozgunsales.com has a couple of ads from dealers with pics. Search "Tikka T3x Hunter Grade 3 308win” and “Tikka T3x Hunter Deluxe .308 Class 3 Walnut” to find the ads.

I will contact the Australian distributor (Beretta) for info.

4. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
  5. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Nice piece of wood and a definite upgrade in checkering, but that is a lot of money for the difference from a standard sporter.

6. dhv

dhv Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I reckon its just a hand picked standard Tikka. Every now and again there are a few pearlers in a shipment.