Tikka Scout CRT 308 Tactical

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by 89t295k, Feb 28, 2011.

1. 89t295k

89t295k Member

Just picked up a Tikka Scout 20" 308. "CRT", They must be kinda new as I only see a few on GB. I picked up the only one I could find in town. It looks just like the Tactical at half the price.....I can't wait to shoot it. I Put a pod and a Bushnell 3200 10x40 Mildot on it.

Anybody else have one of these?

If it shoots half as good as it looks it should be a favorite of mine.

2. 89t295k

89t295k Member

First 5 shots of shoot n clean under 1" . The next two were touching. This is with factory ammo, off the hood of my truck and in high winds....man I love this rifle. Only have 7 rounds down her, can't wait to try some reloads.

+1 for the Scout.

3. bloorooster

bloorooster Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Good shootin'! 89t....I've heard nothing but good things about Tikka Rifles, sounds like yours is no exception. You gotta love it when a group comes together!-Bloo
    PS. Take time to edit your profile, add your general location in the same box you have "fiberclass shooter" in....This will keep the "hellhounds off yer trail"

4. 89t295k

89t295k Member

Thxs, I had Idaho under my location....I just added it to my sig as well..

5. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    You did good! dunno why the location box has nothing to do with locations, but no worries now , yer in like flint! Thanks and enjoy the forums and enjoy that sweet shootin' .308!-Bloo

6. 89t295k

89t295k Member

Thanks,

I went out again to see if it was a fluke....6 Factory shots (nosler 168 match) in .92 @ 100

My hand loads did more than twice as good....

Guess it's not a fluke.

Feels good to get a shooter.

7. bloorooster

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    89t, this is good to hear, what kind of factory ammo do you use? Is it Nosler brand?-Bloo

8. 89t295k

89t295k Member

Right now I'm playin with 190 Sierras MK's reloaded in the leftover nosler factory brass. I also have 178's Match Hornadys to try.

The Factory ammo is called Nosler Custom Compitition Match 168G 308. Others have gotten around or below 1' as well. Pretty good stuff. Not hand loads though....

9. Stooxie

Stooxie Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Is it an actual "Scout" or is it a CTR? The Scout was a limited run imported between 2010 and 2012. It had the parkerized finish, teflon bolt and rail but had a much heavier barrel (22mm/.867") and single stack plastic magazine. I have a Scout in 223 and it's an absolute laser beam.