• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka Rifles RECALLED.

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Banned
Just a quick note to let you all know that Blown-Up Sako stainless barrel is the reason being given by Beretta Australia. for a recall of some calibres of stainless Tikka rifles in the T-3 line .
My Stainless/Lite Synthetic in .243w appears to have something wrong with the stainless steel.
I recieved a letter From Beretta Aust. a few weeks ago asking me to promptly return the rifle to them... "As to fire the rifle may cause serious injury to yourself or others"
It seems once they have all the offending calibres gathered up(Beretta wont tell me what calibres these are??) they are to be shipped off to the Tikka or Sako factory in Finland for testing.
They can not tell me if this involves a new barrel,just testing the present barrel or a total replacment of the whole rifle.
One things for sure, I'm rifle-less for quite a long time I'd assume.
I was curious if this is happening in any other parts of the world?? and would love to hear your version of Beretta's story.

Approximately 50 stainless Tikka T3s and Sako 75s have been recalled in New Zealand as the result of a few serious failures in different countries. Barrels splitting like banana skins, and wrecking receivers, etc. as well.

Sako say the problem was a bad lot of barrel steel. Apparently they have been able to identify all the suspect rifles, and are now trying to recall them, all around the world.

More details available at:
http://www.long-range.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3340

Yep,
Mine was one of the offenders here in Australia. Beretta Aust. can't
tell me how long the wait is going to take as after all are rounded up ,
they are to be sent to Finland for testing and apparently there is no more
Tikka T-3 Stainless-Synthetic-Lite's in .243w left here in Oz.
I reckon I will hastle them for some freebies like a 5shot mag or some
Lapua U/P cases.

Latest posts

Back