• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Tikka Records

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

John D

Is there a source for Tikka records.. I recently found a M695 with a serial number that is after those listed on the “older Tikka models” listing on the Tikka.if site. I can’t seem to find anything listed for models after this list but before the Beretta ownership. Any help out there.. The scope is an’88 Leupold but that appears to be older than the rifle. The serial is 899012. There are no markings on model other than “M695”. I know there were several models in that family.

Thanks for the help

695 was the long action. 595 was the short action. I assume they were made in standard & deluxe configurations. They were the models that preceded the current T3. I know of no source to obtain Tikka factory production data. That's all I know about the 95 series Tikkas.

Tikka and Sako only became associated after Beretta bought both companies. Eventually, Beretta shuttered the Tikka factory and integrated Tikka production at the Sako factory in Riihimaki.

As Paulson says, we know of no records available on Tikkas. The Ithaca Gun company once sold Tikka rifles under its name (Models LSA-55 and LSA-65, I think), however since Ithaca itself is long-since out of business I doubt there being any records available from that source.

Tikka and Sako only became associated after Beretta bought both companies. Eventually, Beretta shuttered the Tikka factory and integrated Tikka production at the Sako factory in Riihimaki.

As Paulson says, we know of no records available on Tikkas. The Ithaca Gun company once sold Tikka rifles under its name (Models LSA-55 and LSA-65, I think), however since Ithaca itself is long-since out of business I doubt there being any records available from that source.
Actually, Sako acquired Tikka in 1983 and Valmet was merged into Sako in 1987. At that time Sako was owned by Nokia, the cellphone and tire manufacturer. Beretta purchased the Sako-Valmet company in 2000.

The Ithaca LSA-55 and LSA-65 were US-market versions of the Tikka M55 and M65. Records on these would not be relevant to the 695 even if available, as the M55/65 series was succeeded by the 558/658 series and then the 595/695. Neither the 558/658 nor the 595/695 was marketed by Ithaca. If memory serves me correctly, the 595/695 were produced in the 90's and the change to the T3 took place around 2000. The T3 was definitely in production when I visited the Sako factory in 2003.

Thanks for the info.. I had found the catalog below but without dating my serial I didn’t know how the catalog below relates to my rifle... note that mine doesn’t line up exactly with any single feature combinations shown..

tikka.fi/sites/default/files/Tikka_catalogue2002.pdf

Thanks again

Thanks for the info.. I had found the catalog below but without dating my serial I didn’t know how the catalog below relates to my rifle... note that mine doesn’t line up exactly with any single feature combinations shown..

tikka.fi/sites/default/files/Tikka_catalogue2002.pdf

Thanks again
I'm sure that's a European market catalog. No US importer is listed, the lineup doesn't match what was available in the US, and few if any 595/695 rifles sold here had open sights. My 695 in 6.5x55 does not.

Actually, Sako acquired Tikka in 1983 and Valmet was merged into Sako in 1987. At that time Sako was owned by Nokia, the cellphone and tire manufacturer. Beretta purchased the Sako-Valmet company in 2000.

The Ithaca LSA-55 and LSA-65 were US-market versions of the Tikka M55 and M65. Records on these would not be relevant to the 695 even if available, as the M55/65 series was succeeded by the 558/658 series and then the 595/695. Neither the 558/658 nor the 595/695 was marketed by Ithaca. If memory serves me correctly, the 595/695 were produced in the 90's and the change to the T3 took place around 2000. The T3 was definitely in production when I visited the Sako factory in 2003.
Very interesting. Im trying to learn the year of of my Tikka m55 .243. Serial 158xxx, wouod you be able to help me?

Last edited:
According to Arma Fennica, your rifle would have been built between 1976 (142000) and 1984 (184000). However, I do not know if Tikka actually produced guns in serial order. Sako is notorious for random numbering, but Tikka was a separate company at that time. I suspect that "late 1970's" is as close as you're going to get.

According to Arma Fennica, your rifle would have been built between 1976 (142000) and 1984 (184000). However, I do not know if Tikka actually produced guns in serial order. Sako is notorious for random numbering, but Tikka was a separate company at that time. I suspect that "late 1970's" is as close as you're going to get.
Thank you ! Wish I would've learned more before my grandfather passed in early 80s.

Thank you ! Wish I would've learned more before my grandfather passed in early 80s.
Post photos of it! We always enjoy pictures of Finnish firearms, and if we see it we can probably tell you a bit more. Was the gun acquired in the USA, Canada, or Europe? I noticed you referred to it as a Tikka M55 rather than an Ithaca/Tikka LSA-55.

And by the way, that .342 is a very rare caliber. 🙃

Post photos of it! We always enjoy pictures of Finnish firearms, and if we see it we can probably tell you a bit more. Was the gun acquired in the USA, Canada, or Europe? I noticed you referred to it as a Tikka M55 rather than an Ithaca/Tikka LSA-55.

And by the way, that .342 is a very rare caliber. 🙃
My fat fingers got in the way.. it's a .243. I corrected that in my original comment just now.

Latest posts

Back