Tikka Magazines for M55/LSA-55

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by icebear, Jun 12, 2019.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I just scored a spare mag on Gunbroker for my Tikka/Ithaca LSA-55 in .222. The new mag is quite different in appearance and construction from the original, but it fits and functions perfectly. Quality appears to be equal to the original. The sides of the new mag are fluted rather than straight and it has a deeper, double-sided grab rail on the bottom. I am wondering if this might be an aftermarket mag, or if maybe Tikka changed the design at some point. Photos below. Original mag on the left, new one on the right.

Tikka LSA-55 Mags 1.JPG Tikka LSA-55 Mags 2.JPG

And the rifle they fit, an Ithaca/Tikka LSA-55 Deluxe in .222 Tikka 222-3.JPG

deergoose likes this.

2. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    My guess is they changed the magazine design at some point. I haven't seen 222 magazine maybe ever in real life, but all 308 mags I have seen had the bottom metal turned downwards like your new one.

3. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Thanks, that helps. I've previously owned several M55/M65 rifles, but it was so long ago I don't remember what the mags looked like. And I regret every Tikka I ever sold.