tikka m595 production date

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by snowz, Dec 18, 2009.

1. snowz

snowz Member

Hi, i'm trying to find out when my Tikka M595 was produced, the serial number is
    any help appreciated
    ATVB Richard

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Hello snowz,
    Could you post a couple pictures? I've heard of an M595 that could be a vintage rifle that Mannerheim's White Army drove the Russian Red Army from Finland in 1918, after Finland Independence in 1917. Or it could be an early model of the modern Tikka which is I believe is barreled by Sako but mostly Beretta.
    If it looks similar to a Mosin Nagant, you may have something interesting there. In the Winter and Continuation Wars 1939 into the 40's there was a factory in Tikkakoski in Finland (Woodpecker Rapids - trans) that re-worked captured Russian Mosin Nagants. During the break between the Winter and Continuation War the Finns were able to refurb the rifle (about 96,000 of them) which helped attribute to their victory over the Russians the end of WWII.
    Sorry for the "best I could do rant" but a picture would help. I could be way off base here about your particular rifle - and history, too.
    Thanks,
    S-A

3. snowz

snowz Member

its a bit more modern than 1940's lol
    here is a picture tho, i may have put this thread in the wrong section that might not make it easy for me lol
    [​IMG]

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    snowz,
    OK, I found the modern Tikka M595. Disregard the history. That last post would have scared me! Did you buy it new? If you are a second or so owner, do you know what year it was purchased. I can't find any table for serial numbers in SAKO data. You may try giving Beretta a call in MD. I've called them on other rifles and been able to get a guesstimate on manufacturing years.
    Sorry if I scared you. I have a couple M39 WWII era Mosin Nagants 7.62x54r that were worked over by the Tika/Valmet factory and have Finn Stampings.
    Guess I need a cup of coffee :shocked3:
    S-A

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    snowz,
    VERY NICE! Boy do I feel stupid. :neutral: Are you in a free land where you can buy suppressors on the open market or in the USSA where it takes six months or more to get one? I have two and would probably croak before I could get another approved.
    If you are out of the US, I would be happy to call Beretta to ask about the serial number. Let me know. Again, very nice weapon.
    S-A

6. snowz

snowz Member

i'm from Hereford which is in England, i called the importers but not very helpful as might not of came threw them as i bought secondhand off a shooting forum.
    here is another pic

7. snowz

snowz Member

8. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Snowz- I have been on here for a few years and not once have I seen someone with a Tikka question on production dates been helped. These are excellent rifles with fine workmanship but the "collectability" of them has escaped those on this site. Yours was, of course, made prior to the merging of Tikka with Sako. Beretta Corp. will probably be no help and you may wish to find a "Tikka Club" site that can help. There are a few folks on the GunBroker.com forums that may help.- Best, Mike

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Snowz,
    I just called Beretta USA in Accokeek , MD. I waited a bit to get to a tech. He basically said that on your rifle he could not pinpoint the date of manufacture because Beretta did not import it. It was not in their data base. However, he did say that the M595 was imported to the US between 1989 and 1994. That could give you some basic range of when it was manufactured, but not as close as you would like. He said the importer there would have that if available on that model.
    That's about as good as I could do. Hope it helps,
    Happy Holidays,
    S-A

10. snowz

snowz Member

thanks fellas for the info and esp to S-A for the phone call you made. Its only a rough date i was looking for as i have been looking into customising it and found out it has already been re barreled but just wanted to know roughly how old it is.
    I will give Tikka a email and see if they can help out any
    thanks again
    Richard