Tikka M595 .223 Sporter

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by ap3572001, Jul 5, 2019.

1. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I am intersted in any information regarding Tikka m595 .223 Sporter rifles. Looking tk buy one. Spare parts availability , accuracy, current prices, anything will be appreciated.

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    A 595 sporter in.223 is not typically an easy find these days. Neither are spare parts. Magazines are still available. Like most things if you’re patient one will show up somewhere, either in a shop, or online. As may parts. I’ve seen them (not recently) sell for $700-1000 dollars because of scarcity and there’s a bit of a cult following. They typically shoot very well. Most were not finicky regarding loads.

Not that I’d ever want to influence one’s thinking but a T3 in .223 is potentially (if you’re flexible) a good alternative. They’re plentiful- in many configurations. Reasonable in price. Highly customizable, as aftermarket everything is also readily available. And, they shoot without hardly any fuss. Good luck.

3. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Thank You. Does anyone offers service for Tikka 595 series rifles ?

4. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Accurate Ordnance or Mountain Tactical. If memory serves me correctly these two companies do custom work on Tikka rifles, including the 595 series. I think you can also have custom parts shipped. Obviously the T3 has become extremely available and popular, so a lot of attention is paid to it, regarding full builds. Maybe they can offer some assistance.

5. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    So , would You buy aM595 Sporter ( Stoeger import ) in .223 ? 1k is a fair price? They sure look nice. Lol

6. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Me personally? No I would not buy it. But that’s just me. They are very nice rifles and as your most likely aware, pretty darn scarce -as are parts and accessories.

There is a 595 sporter in.22-250 on Gunbroker for a buy now price of $850, so I suppose $1000. is not out of line for a .223, if in mint condition.

If you’ve found one and you feel the price is fair then that’s all that matters. If the rifle is well cared for - most likely it will shoot great and be problem free for your lifetime. Most rifles are not shot enough worry, however, if you plan on blazing thousands of rounds through it you might consider a rifle with a better parts supply line.

Take care.

7. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I've had several of the older Tikkas, including the 95 series. The 558 I had was the best built, from a fit & finish aspect & the LSA was the best from a durability & materials aspect. The 95 series showed a drop off in overall looks & quality, IMHO. $1000 is way over what I would pay for one, especially when I just saw new T3's on sale at a local gun store for less than that. That & what Sean said would give me pause. Lots of nice Sakos out there for a grand!!

8. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I see. I am talking about Tikka Sporter midel ( adjustable stock and heavy barrel ). I dont see then selling under 1k.

9. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    You mixed apples and oranges. A Master Sporter is the HB version. A completely different animal. I believe you left all of us thinking standard sporter. This changes everything. A grand is fair if inspection deems it so.

10. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Gun is wonderful. Almost new. Very accurate But does not eject / extract reliable:(:(

11. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    So I’m a little confused, did you buy the rifle only to discover the issue? Or, do you know of the issue but haven’t made the purchase yet?

A competent gunsmith can address this issue. I would ask for a discount in the price for the rifle for the gunsmith service, unless it’s too late and it’s already yours.

If it’s too late then obviously you’ll need to get it repaired on your dime.

Or, If it’s not yours yet you can always pass if the seller is non negotiable and look for something different, Best of luck.

12. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Well , its a 1k and rifle is in excellent condition. Shoots great. The only problem is ejection / ejection. How involving do You think is the repair/ adjustment ?

13. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    For a competent full service gunsmith this should a fairly basic evaluation and repair. I believe Brownells sell a bolt kit for Tikka 595 series rifles if needed. Hopefully you have a qualified smith in your area.

14. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Simply a piece of crud under the extractor can cause these issues. Worst case the ejector spring needs replacing. It's the same spring as in current production T3/T3x. So don't despair.

15. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Here is what the rifle is doing : insert loaded magazine , fire a shot , work the bolt to load next round and empty case ends up on top of next cartridge or falls in the back of the magazine. If I watch and do it slowly , the empty is being pulled out of the chamber and then slips off the extractor as I sm moving the bolt back.Ejector spring seems to be nice and strong .

16. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    In that case the issue is with the extractor. First thing to do is to take it apart and clean it. As I said above just a tiny piece of brass under the claw can lead to this kind of problem. On rare occasions the extractor spring is worn or the claw itself needs replacing or the small plunger between the extractor and -spring is damaged and not moving freely.

17. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Thank You very much. I will check it out . Also , if I do get it , what are some of the best scope mounting oprtions ( bases , rings , etc). for Tikka Master Sporter?

18. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    My experience with modern mounts is limited to Optilocks. Solid mounts, but pretty heavy. I'd imagine there are lighter options out there. Leupolds?

19. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    As it’s a target rifle you might also consider a Zero MOA picatinny rail, then a plethora of rings to fit a variety of optics.

The rail gives multiple options for ring spacing and should help with potential eye relief issues, working off that comb, especially at high magnification.

Options regarding rings for this type of setup cover nearly every scenario imaginable regarding maintube diameter ( 1” - 30mm, etc.) size of objective lense and overall length of whatever optic you end up choosing.

20. ap3572001

ap3572001 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    Who in Your opinion makes best rails for Tikka Sporter Master ?