Tikka Tikka m558 .223

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by Mark Fischer, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Mark Fischer

Mark Fischer Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Greetings. I am in Canada, and aside from the T3's I can't find anyone familiar with these m558. This is in .223 and in amazing condition. Took my first coyote with it recently. Anybody have an idea of its value? I am considering moving it for a different caliber, but have no idea its value. I purchased it at a garage sale. Thank you. Any input is appreciated. I found the history and ideology of this firearm on this site, very helpful. 15760250307715166889255229527851.jpg 15760250636715129200710151068507.jpg

2. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The 558 was made for a couple of years after the M55 (aka the Ithaca LSA-55) was discontinued. It was replaced by the model 595. I believe the rifle in the photo is what was marketed as the "Tikka Continental" with a heavy barrel and large magazine. It's an excellent rifle, extremely accurate and with a very smooth action. I don't have any idea what it's worth, especially in Canada, but we have several members there so I expect you'll probably hear from one of them.

3. Mark Fischer

Mark Fischer Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    thanks so much for information. I really appr ciated it. I love this gun, just not my caliber. Thanks again

4. Mark Fischer

Mark Fischer Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Awesome thanks icebear. It is definately as heavy barrelled smooth gun. Iappreciate the information greatly. Cheers. Mark

5. Chuck Fralick

Chuck Fralick Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Mark, without scope and rings, I have seen a few mint "standard" M558s in .223 sell for between $600-750 (US) in the last year (I had been hunting for one for a while). I just bought one (see my post above) unfired in the box for $650. Since yours is the Continental, would wager at the high end of that or even a little more. They aren't that common.