Tikka .308 55-LSA

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Banned

Hi All

I bought a Tikka .308 55-LSA a few months ago in perfect condition it looks like new! But the problem is I know nothing about it, I was wondering if anybody here knows much about these rifles or if they could point me in the right direction? I would like to know the specs of the rifle and a bit of its history

Cheers

2. Guest

Guest Banned

Hello anyone

3. Guest

Guest Banned

HI,
    You can go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAKO very interesting info concerning SAKO rifles and Tikka rifles history .
    Regards,
    Fred

4. Guest

Guest Banned

Andrew, I will try to help you. Having owned two ithaca lsa(one 55 and one 65). Which are the same rifle but Ithaca imported them in their name..Were manufactured by Oy Tikkakoski AB, Tikkakoski Finland. Between 1965 aand 1988 or 1989.They were not part of Sako back then.I beleived Sako bought them in 1989.It is a very well made rifle and usually very accurate.The barrel was made of bofors steel which is desireable(older Sakos had them also).It is a mauser type action availble in 222.Rem,22-250,6mm.Rem.,243 Win.,and 308. Weight about 6.8 pounds,22.8 inch barrel and a metal 3shot removeable magazine.(which is sometimes hard to remove)and checkered walnut stock..They were also some varations like deluxe and a heavy barrel...If you can find the book Bolt Action Rifles by Frank de Haas it has a chapter on the Ithaca Lsa rifles (#58). The two I had were very nice the lsa 55 was a unfired Deluxe which i wish a had back weekly...Hope this helps....Steve (p.s. if you ever decide to get rid of it let me know)

5. Guest

Guest Banned

Cheers Fred lots of interesting info there! The rifle I have has had less than 100 rounds through it and I can get a .25" group with it at 100yds so im pretty happy with it [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Banned

thanks day late don't spose it's possibl eto get an exlpoded drawing anywhere?

7. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Andrew- Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) has them- I have an Ithaca Tikka LSA 55 and it is a wonderful little rifle. Too bad I don't hunt with it so instead of lettin it gather dust, I will probably sell before too long. It is a .308 also. Amazingly accurate. I have been told that LSA stands for: Light- Stong and Accurate.- regards, Mike

8. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Andrew- I appologize for the bad info. Numrich doesn't have schematics for our LSA55's.- Misako

9. Guest

Guest Banned

Thats alright misako thanks for the help anyway [​IMG]