Thoughts on blueprinting a L461

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by Chris Anderson, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Webphut,

Ah. Its a model name for a Starrett indicator. I wasn't reading indicator in the right context. I've even got a couple of indicators but they aren't the Last Work model.

Thanks
    ChrisA

2. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
  3. PRR1957

PRR1957 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Michigan
    Check the bolt lugs like others have suggested. I have a L461 single shot pistol that the bolt lugs are not 100% contact. Going to try lapping first. If to much, I'll need to the lath up and running.
    20190514_003359.jpg 20190514_003317.jpg

4. Chris Anderson

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    PRR1957,

Yeah I did that. Took me a while (and a knowledge transfer from kevinlg) to figure out that I had to take the firing pin spring out before I checked it but the lug contact was well over 95 precent then.

Good luck
    ChrisA

5. Webphut

Webphut Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    My gunsmith too said the same, nothing to do, but he did mention that once in a great while the things around the rifle might need some love. The wood stock might need some fudging with and or bedded, the scope mount rings/bases may need to be reinstalled to correct any errors in the previous installation. Sometimes the triggers are tinkered with by previous owners and this can be touched up if not needing full replacement. The best loads for the particular rifle has not been found yet. But overall a Sako is in its own right is a rifle not meant to need truing so to speak. My gunsmiths words. I just pull the trigger and reload.

susanna likes this.
  6. Chris Anderson

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Thanks Webphut.