The Crown Jewel Gets A Scope

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, May 21, 2019.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I got an early Sako this past weekend in 7X33. Trying to get it outfitted so I can shoot it takes time. I looked hard to find a vintage scope and found a Unertl 4X and spent the evening trying to get it mounted. I have all sorts of rings, not any but these would work without the scope being to high or too low.

I did finally get it mounted, now all I need is some brass and bullets...

thumbnail_IMG_6381.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6382.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6386.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6387.jpg

2. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Kirk,

But aren't the PD's going to look kind of small through that scope? <chuckle>.

Seriously though.
    Nice looking optics!

Thanks

3. susanna

susanna Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    kirk.
    loverly little rifle, scope suits it to a T.
    have more 7x33 components & sako factory loads than i could shoot in 2 life times, just to hard to mail these days.
    pretty sure simplex here in sydney still list 7/8 7x33 die sets, they can be mailed. im not 20klms from their work shop, would be no trouble to arrange .
    susanna

4. kirkbridgershooters

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I do have a set of dies coming, Brass and bullets are another thing. How can that stuff be shipped from overseas? I know it can be done, I shipped a scope to Australia once...

5. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I did some work for a guy in Australia on some Sako barreled actions & stocks that were already in the U.S. when he bought them. When I got done he had me send them to an Import/Export broker who handled all the shipping to OZ. I'd start with finding a broker.

6. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Kirk, sent you a private mail, see if this will set you a path since all you really need are brass and bullets.

7. kirkbridgershooters

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Thanks for the link. I found a guy in the U.S. that makes brass and bullets and ordered 150 brass and 300 bullets

8. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Why don't you post his info here. I'm sure lots of others would like know where to find brass and bullets.

cl_leg likes this.