Sako TRGs Suggestions on trg 22.

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by snipertrg308, Jun 20, 2008.

1. snipertrg308

snipertrg308 Member

Hello Fellow Members.

I have just purchased a brand new Sako TRG 22 and not been fired yet. I have added a NEAR MFG 20 moa base and break. will be adding a set of Warn tactical 30 mm rings to my Bushnell 4200 elite tactical 6-24x scope. I also have 6-9" Harris bipod.

I'd like to do some F-class with this rifle. But i'm new shooter and would like to know where to start.. Thanks.

Danny Wong
    [email protected]

2. Guest

Guest Banned

3. Guest

Guest Banned

Congragulations on the purchase of a very fine rifle. I'm not an F-class shooter, but info can be found by doing a search on google. Obviously you need to ask around to see if there are any f-class matches in your area. Find a load your rifle really likes, practice, and learn to read the wind for when you do shoot at 600 and 1000yd distances. Being a new shooter, I think you need to learn to be consistent. When you're able to shoot tight groups you'll know you're consistent in your technique. Spend some time reading all the different articles on 6mmbr.com and surf around on snipershide.com

If you give up the pursuit and decide to sell the rifle, contact me.

Good luck,
    Chris
    [email protected]

4. roostersmith

roostersmith Member

I've been shooting 1K matches and learned how to set the rifle up the hard way. Here some tips for shooting in FTR class matches.
    1. When shooting in a match you load one round at a time. No need for extra mags.
    2. Buy a 6"-9" canting Harris bi-pod. The Sako one is useless. Save your money.
    3. NO Muzzle brakes allowed.
    4. Add ball bearings inside the cheek rest. You're allowed 18.1 pounds.
    5. Learn how to reload your own ammo. If you're interested email me.
    6. Scope- I use a Nightforce 12-42 56mm with IOR 30mm scope rings.
    7. Limb saver recoil pad.
    I competed in the FTR class Nationals last Nov in Butner and placed 22nd overall. My rifle is out of the box. I'll probably replace the barrel sometime next year since it's been shot with hot loads all last year.
    Rooster

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Rooster,
    You have an iPhone? There are a couple good ballistic "apps for that". Referring to some of the things you must consider when hitting long balls. You can input custom loads, wind, humidity, altitude, slant range, and all the goodies. It's better than wetting your thumb and sticking it in the air:bigsmile3:.
    S-A

6. roostersmith

roostersmith Member

Yep I use ballistic which works very well and was cheap. I think they raised their price. My buddy told me about it and since he's 4th in the world shooting FTR I took his advice. If you're curious Google Jeff Rorer. He placed fourth in Bisley England.
    Rooster