• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Spare Parts

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

sako-vapnet

Hello, Doe's anyone know of a parts supply, or are they like "Honey Holes"? I have spoken to Jim Lutes in Ks. he suggested Beretta. Beretta has subbed Sako parts to Brownells, they have a very limited supply and offer MSLP only. Any suggestions? Thanks, Doc

Thanks.... Er....I just got a reply from JG, they say they do not sell parts....just to be sure that is JG or J&G in Prescott yes?

It is strange that they told you that they didn't sell parts at J&G Sales. I bought a clip and some screws (all Sako) from them over the Thanksgiving holiday. The clip is a Sako clip for a Model 75. Maybe someone is not informed.- Thanks, Nick

Nick- To be honest, I thought that was a bit strange also, but you never know what goes on with some of the places. I bought Sako parts from them less than a year ago so I figured they would have some more since I know damned well they had more than I could afford, then. I just dialed up the web page and I see they have a very nice L46 DLX for sale in .222 REM. Doesn't look like it was shot much, if at all. $1500. Best, Mike

Among other things, J&G has gotten quite a reputation in the business as liquidators. They often get the call to dispose of inventory from business closures, estates, overstocks, etc. So while they don't attempt to keep Sako parts on hand, they do sometimes have lots of various parts for sale. All the 20" unfired Sako barrels in the wierd cals earlier this year, or the L-46 clips would be examples. They buy in lots, resell, and when they're gone - they're gone.

I just spoke with J&G and they said that they do not have any parts but do get rifles from time to time.

I hope I called the right J&G???? 928-445-9650

I called Brownell's yesterday and the tech I talked to said basically that they had nothing in SAKO at all anymore. I was looking for a barreled action, but asked about parts as well. That's becoming another dry hole I'm afraid.
S-A

I have a 6 round mag for L46 Vixen in .222 Rem. I don't need. What I do need is a L461 Vixen mag in .222 Rem magnum. Can anyone help??

Hi Garry, and welcome to the club.

Not to be bossy, but you'd probably be better off to start your own thread in the 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' section of our site, rather than tack your message on to the tail of a similar post as you did. The way it is, if you don't hook up with someone right away, and it falls off the recent posts list, it becomes buried and hard to locate.

Go to the main page (hit the 'Forum' button in the blue stripe at the top of every page), and then scroll down to the section that has the For Sale and Wanted catagories. If you click on the particular catagory and look closely, you'll see a button that asks if you want to start a new thread... Once you open up that, it's just a matter of selecting a title and asking a question. Done this way, if a member logs on a couple months from now and wants to browse what's for sale or wanted, it's right there, under it's catagory.

Garry, I'm not too clear on what you're looking for on you L461. Since it's an internal mag arraingement, I suppose you have the bottom metal and floorplate - are you needing the mag box, spring and follower, or what?

I sent you a private message (PM) on your L-46 clip. To check that, hit the 'messages' button in the black header at the top of every page.

Good luck, Dick

Thanks Dick,

You are right to be confused - I just checked and it's a L469 s/n 44974 in .222 Magnum that I bought new in 1959 - near perfect condition, but I lost the three shot clip 45 years ago. Trying to find one so I can leave it complete to my son.

I'll take your advice on starting a new thread - Thanks. Also I replied to you on the L46 magazine, let me know if you can't open the pictures, etc.

Garry

Latest posts

Back