• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Spare part - ejector - Valmet 412s - Tikka 512s

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Kold

Hello all,

new user here - just found this website.

The ejector broke on my old trusty Tikka 512S and I am having difficulties finding spare parts for it.

Does anyone know where spare ejectors can be found?

I have attached a picture of the part (labelled 2). Tikka 512S ejector.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Sorry - it had been a number of years since I was looking for the extractors for a gun that my brother owned. They both had them back then.

[

Thanks a lot. I will try them. They sre actually located in the city i live in. Strange I could not google that.
Appreciate your effort!
[
[/QUOTE]

Marocchi is still making a version of the Tikka 512, presumably on the original tooling purchased from Valmet. You can try their US importer for parts. I don't have a URL handy but I'm sure you can find it easily with Google, DuckDuckGo, or whatever.

Hi, I recently bought my 12g/.308 marocchi finnclassic at auction. It may be worth contacting Marocchi Europe for spares as I believe that is where they are manufactured now, could be cheaper than having one made.

I am a gunsmith in Michigan and have had many ask me about the ejectors for Tikka 512 and Valmet 412. The ejectors were hardened to a level that was too hard and brittle. This resulted in micro fractures and eventual failure. I have also tried many suppliers with no luck. I have since started manufacturing these right and left hand ejectors on a CNC machine. They are made out of 440 stainless steel. If interested in ordering one or both my email is [email protected].

Mattimoose: I have had many brought to me welded and re-welded many times over. They simply fail. Poor design and over heat treated.

I am a gunsmith in Michigan and have had many ask me about the ejectors for Tikka 512 and Valmet 412. The ejectors were hardened to a level that was too hard and brittle. This resulted in micro fractures and eventual failure. I have also tried many suppliers with no luck. I have since started manufacturing these right and left hand ejectors on a CNC machine. They are made out of 440 stainless steel. If interested in ordering one or both my email is [email protected].
A few questions that will likely be of interest to several Forum members:

1, Were the over-hardened ejectors used throughout production of the 412, or was the error caught at some point? Specifically, does the problem apply to the later 412S?

2. Do the ejectors for 20-gauge and rimmed rifle barrels such as 9.6x74R also have the hardness problem? If yes, do you also make extractors/ejectors for those calibers?

3. Can existing, intact parts be re-hardened to correct the problem?

I have a 412 with 20-gauge barrels and a 412S with 12-gauge and 9.2x74R barrels. So far no problems, but neither gun has been fired very much. I'd like to get ahead of the problem if possible.

And many thanks for alerting us to the problem and offering a solution!

I’m response to icebear’s post:
1. I don’t have definitive proof of what models this effected but an owner of a newer Valmet 412 ST and 412 S has a right side ejector failure on a single barrel 12ga. and a left side failure on a o/u 12ga. Both had attempts at repair be it welding/ brazing or mechanical repairs and both failed in other areas.

2. I do not know how many different models this has affected. I only have researched the o/u shotguns and customer’s of heavily used competition o/u shotguns. I am currently in production of 12 ga. right and left ejectors.

3. Re-hardening will not correct the problem. The process would cause a more brittle part.

Yes, this seems to happen after 100’s of rounds by trap shooting enthusiasts or competitors.
Unfortunately due to the multiple changing dimensions of the part CNC is the only viable machining method. The price would be $175 per ejector made from 440 stainless steel.

Thank you for your questions!

Thank you for a prompt and detailed response. It seems I am unlikely to experience any problems, since I do not shoot the thousands of rounds that competition trapshooters do. The 20 gets an occasional outing to the skeet range and I have never fired the 12-gauge barrels, as I normally keep the 412S configured as a double rifle.

I think you will be fine as well. Thank you for the questions on the thread. This may help others make that very decision on replacement ejectors.

Great to hear that such an in demand part will again be available! I recently picked up a very minty 412ST and would like to shorten the ejector springs to reduce wear on the original extractors. Can someone advise on how to do this?

Latest posts

Back