Spare Hood anyone?

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by Africa_Trekker, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Africa_Trekker

Africa_Trekker Member

Country Flag:
    Namibia
    State/Region:
    other
    Hi everyone, Im hoping someone can help?

I was fortunate enough to pick up a nice Sako 75 Hunter in 375hh not too long ago. The only two things that bug me are that the rear sight is not the factory one, and the front hood has been removed.

Im hoping someone either has one they are willing to part with or can point me to where I could acquire them at a decent price?

Thanks in advance.
    Josh

2. Murkula

Murkula Active Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    US Indiana
    Hi Josh,

the correct rear sight for your Sako 75 Hunter is the M89 rear sight (Part No. S584S310).
    This same sight was used on several rifles manufactured by Sako:

- L461, L579 & L61R (1989-1992)
    - S491, M591 & L691
    - TRG-S M995 Hunter & Carbine
    - P94S Hunter
    - Sako 75
    - Tikka M558, M590, M595, M658, M690 & M695 (possibly others as well)

If you have difficult time finding a replacement locally, send me a PM and I'm happy to point you in the right direction.
    I think the M89 is both functionally & aesthetically an excellent sight and definitely worth the effort finding one.

This is how the sight looks like on my M995 Carbine:

M995_375HH_Carbine_M89_Sight.jpg

Hope this helps!

gowyo and Rogan Kinnear like this.
  3. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    I agree wholeheartedly Murkula! I recently bought 2 of these rear sights from Brownell's for a pair of late A series guns. 70.00 a set, they come with 2 blade heights. The single attachment screws are a little proud and I searched high and low for correct sized spacer/ washers to no avail. I don't want to file down the single screw as that would only leave a few threads. I'll be making some spacers. Good luck.