Southwest Tour

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    HaHa ! One of those photo moments, Back up some more honey so I can get more in the photo.

2. douglastwo

douglastwo Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    A true test of her skills is if she can walk along the edge when the rock is covered with an inch of black ice and the wind is blowing fifty mph, with no frogs in sight to offer help. :)

3. northernlights

northernlights Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Kirk, I'll bet you had to talk...talk...talk...talk your wife into posing for that shot and it cost you big time!!!

Thanks for sharing your scenic SW travel pics.

Rocky likes this.
  4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    I agree, thanks for sharing the photo's of you SW trip. It's nice to see some different content on the Forum once in a while.

5. pcunder

pcunder Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas

I take it you’re not a Texan; naturalized by choice or by birth. It’s a shame you can’t visit a battleground and appreciate it for what it is; a place to make a last stand. But I’m sure you’d feel the same respect for Thermopylae, Masada, or the Little Bighorn.
    (granted, an error in judgment)

I’m sure you know that the place was chosen for its tactical significance, not for its marvelous beauty. I’m also sure you meant to say something less insulting about the 18th century abandoned mission and make-shift fort, right?

Maybe it’s your opinion that the building doesn’t measure up to the historical significance...all the hype. (that’s the problem with hype; all perspective is lost)

There are 183 Texans +1 that disagree with you.

Phil

Texan-Naturalized

6. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    A little tender, aren’t we.

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is listening to Texans...

John Steinbeck

7. pcunder

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Kirk,

It appears you approve of your insensitivity.
    Quoting a lauded fiction writer to justify your choice of words does little to assuage the foolishness of your actions now.

In fact, the more you speak/type, the more inclined I am to educate you on history and other subjects you’re unable to grasp...like manners or courtesy. Why would you go out of your way to say what you said and then to double-down with this ignorant quote? The Stanford educated writer I’m sure knew all about Texas....just like you. Apparently, you think this is a joke.

Were you raised in the wild or did you just ignore the finer points of your upbringing.
    Is there something about TX that rubs you the wrong way?...or just Texans and their history? I mean, does everyone in Montana behave this way or just you.

So, if you want to back this up a little bit, I’m all ears. Maybe you just enjoy getting a rise out of people...well, mission accomplished.

But if some bufoon were to needlessly insult your most venerated site, what would you do?

I’m just asking that you reconsider your initial statement. But you’re not gettin a free pass on this, cowboy.

8. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Beings this thread has nothing to do with Sako rifles & it's tenor has turn very sour, I recommend that a moderator end it. Please!!

9. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    I did like the pictures though. The texas high horse not so much.........

10. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    I would say we came here with a common interest in guns. I don’t despise Texas, but it seems we don’t agree on the value of Texas. Your sensitivity has overcome your ability to see a bit of humor in a comment made with little to no direct disparity of the virtues of your great state.

What you may say against Montana or for Texas doesn’t affect me one way or the other. I’m sorry you have an issue with a comment about armadillos, but please forget I said anything at all if it bothers you that much. You live in Texas for reasons that I live in Montana...

11. pcunder

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    So “..COBRA”, I’m being a snob? How is that, exactly? Maybe you should acquaint yourself with a thesaurus and pick another word that describes true feelings.

Kirk, your state is mostly beautiful, but that’s not what you brought up. It’s the South Texas land that Texans died for that you feel is only fit for animals, Armadillos. At best, THAT’s being a snob. (did u get that “COBRA”) At worst, your words denigrate Texas, Texans, and its history as you think it’s ALL over “valued” or some such nonsense. Yes, it’s likely too tough around here for some people.

I appreciate good humor but that’s certainly NOT what you are peddling here...so cut the double-talking BS. I’ll consider this ‘humor’ when you’d laugh at someone saying the land around your ancestral home is worthless and your foolish forebears wasted their meaningless lives. Still funny? Oh that’s right, you don’t care.

So, it’s too late for you to take the high road...so an apology is no longer adequate. I called you out on your folly, you know the joke about the Alamo, ugly land, and dead Texans, an, if I ever get the chance to teach you the lesson your failed upbringing left out, I’ll be happy to oblige.

12. Paul7

Paul7 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Mexico
    That Albuquerque Cabela's usually has a few Sakos.