• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

SOLD... THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...REDUCED PRICE - SAKO AV Deluxe 30.06 for sale

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I am lowering the price to $1500 and I will pay shipping.

“Earlier version of the AV prior to the "Hunter" style stock. Essentially identical to the earlier A-III and L61R, and it is a beautiful rifle. Deluxe Sakos in original condition start at around $1,000 for those in decent condition and their prices increase with scarcity of caliber and quality of wood figure (very subjective). Of course, the Leupold scope and original Sako rings add their value to that of the gun.” comment from forum member.
Hey, I bought a new AV 30.06 around 1986. As I recall it was called a Deluxe. I shot one deer with it and felt it was too nice a gun for hunting in the Georgia (USA) woods. It has been in the safe since. I am now 68 years old and selling most of my remaining guns, other than a few that I still use. Serial #585626. I fitted it with a Leupold 3X9 VARI-X II. It is really a lovely gun. The finish on wood and blue are bright. I have enjoyed having the gun, admiring the quality of workmanship and showing it to my friends over the years. It is just too nice a gun for me, especially at my age.
There are a few minor dings in the finish on the wood from bolt knobs on other guns in the safe. No damage to wood. Otherwise, I believe the rest of the gun is beautiful.

Attachments

• Sako1.JPG
    Sako1.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Sako2.JPG
    Sako2.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Sako3.JPG
    Sako3.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Sako4.JPG
    Sako4.JPG