• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

So you think collectible Sakos are expensive?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

icebear

Sako-addicted
Auction closed today on Gunbroker for a French FAMAS military-clone semiauto (aka "The Bugle"). Final price a bit under $30,000. I have a couple of what I thought were expensive Valmets, but this is amazing. Somebody has deep pockets.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850975315

Makes three grand for a .22 Hornet look like a bargain.

Holy Cow!:eek:

Now that is insane! But again, you only need two fanatic collectors to drive up the price.

To me, it ought to be the opposite. Since I left my career as a Navy officer, I have absolutely no interest in military guns. Fun to shoot perhaps but not for me.

But then again, it’s good that Sako prices are more “sensible” or at least not way over the top, just yet. Gives us the chance to buy and own great rifles, for now.

Jim

I’ve seen Stonecreek write that there is no such thing as a collectible Sako.

Maybe only poor people collect Sakos.

’ve seen Stonecreek write that there is no such thing as a collectible Sako.
I don't think you've seen me write that, or if I have you've taken it out of context. What I've said is that, in the past, there has been no true "collectible" market for Sakos. We've seen this changing over the course of the last few years -- possibly in part due to the existence of this forum which has made a lot of information on Sakos more available and raised their profile with firearms enthusiasts. People who take at least a passing interest in Sakos have become more aware of which models and calibers are either scarcer or for some reason more desirable. As a result we've seen the prices of those items climb, while the price of "common" Sako hunting models and calibers has been largely static.

Is there a collectible market for Sakos like for Winchesters or Colts? No, and there never will be -- after all, there were no John Waynes or Randolph Scotts making hundreds of movies with Sakos strapped to their saddles or slung on their hips. But there is clear evidence ($3,500+ Hornets and $4,000+ Bees) to indicate that a nascent collector interest in Sakos exists, therefore there must exist at least some Sakos which are "collectible".

Back